Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Bino Power

Wglwrm

I'm in need of some assistance here fellas... My son and I got drawn for AZ mule deer. His 16th birthday is coming up in a few weeks. Looking at getting him a nice set of binos. Leupold or vortex... where I need the help is power wise - 8x42 10x42 10x50, hell seems like I'm back in math class...lol. what would be the best route?

Thanks and God bless

Like I said, depending on your budget, I would give the kid the crossfire's and get you some 12x50 Razor's.

I personally like having a pair of 8x and 15x. 8x is good for still hunting and looking through timber. You get a good exit pupil. And I can rely on my 15x for long distance glassing.

That being said if I didn't carry 2 binos I'd run a good pair of 10 or even 12s if I was glassing a long time on a tripod. 10s are not too shaky to where you are able to use them off hand comfortably (and I couldn't say the same about 12s) but they will let you glass longer distances to pick up animals.
And I do like x42 objectives for 8 and 10s especially in nice glass and I don't see a huge need to jump up to a 50 objective.

Back