Caribou Gear

Bino pack recommendations?

Stevo74

Looking for recommendations, feedback on bino packs. I've got 10x42 binos and would like a side pocket for a range finder, elk diaphragm calls, windchecker, etc. I'm looking at the Alaska guide creations hybrid max but looking for any feedback from anyone with experience with this one or any. Thanks.

I have the AGC classic max that I got only a few months ago, and so far, it's been comfortable. I have my 10x42's, rangefinder, wind checker, a few extra rounds, my phone, and a few other odds and ends. I don't think you can go wrong with getting one.

I bought an FHF and it does seem well made. I just haven’t been able to get used to it and found myself back to just a Leupold strap harness last season. Just eastern whitetails so not a fair comparison for mountain hunting!

I got this case last year. I really love the features except for the outside side sleeves. Ideally I'd be able to put a reed call on one side, my wind bottle on the other. Due to it not having a bottom to the sleeve, neither holds in there well and occassionally fall out. I modified this with a tiny strip that I sewed in place.

FHF, rugged and streamlined. Fits great under a pack and out of the way shooting a bow.
This.

Edit: These probably aren't for you if you want to carry the kitchen sink. My backpack is for carrying shit. I have a rangefinder pouch on my bino pack. I carry windchecker, my tags, and four extra cartridges in it. Love the simplicity and durability.

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up one of the new Marsupial Gear enclosed bino harnesses. Exceptionally well made and perfect functionality for me. FHF was my second choice.

Ive had the Marsupial harness for the past year. its been great, i like the magnet closure. FHF was a close second.

I know it's not the big name or the big money, but the Badlands I bought a few years back has been terrific. The quite magnetic closure, lens cloth clip and extra pouch are great, and the harness is really comfy for me though I've never utilized the water bladder storage component and have thought about cutting it away.

This.

Edit: These probably aren't for you if you want to carry the kitchen sink. My backpack is for carrying shit. I have a rangefinder pouch on my bino pack. I carry windchecker, my tags, and four extra cartridges in it. Love the simplicity and durability.

AGC is people that wants to do a bino pouch bag dump. If that you go AGC,
If not look at other options.

AGC is people that wants to do a bino pouch bag dump. If that you go AGC,
If not look at other options.
Guilty...

I picked up one of the new Marsupial Gear enclosed bino harnesses. Exceptionally well made and perfect functionality for me. FHF was my second choice.

skyfire has a great suggestion. I have used the previous style of Marsupial harness for several years and really like it. I think I would like the newer style enclosed pouch even better.

ClearCreek

I'm going to third the Marsupial. I have been using mine for the last 2 years. Very good quality and also is made in the U.S.A.

I have a horn hunter one that I got for around $30, but for the price I've been happy. It has a magnetic rangefinder holder that I like a lot. Only complaint I have with it is the way the ends of the straps are stitched the material rolls over itself and creates a pressure point when you put a pack on top of it.

Marsupial Gear for me. Here is my review when I switched to it a few years back. They now have a fully enclosed model, but honestly, I've had zero issues with my original.

Back