MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Bino harness

blackbeard

I'm trying to find a bino harness that'll hold my 12x50 binos as well I'd like one that will also hold a pistol. Pistol would be the size of a 460 size revolver with a 5" barrel. Anyone got a recommendation

Been happy with my Marsupial….holster attachment seems flimsy at first but haven’t had any issues with it yet

Honestly, I think a lot of it comes down to personal preference and what you want in a harness. Personally, I want simple. I'm not a fan of a bunch of extra pockets and I don't want zippers or magnets. I've tried on many different harnesses and find they all fit about the same. I ended up going the Kuiu route (original style) and am extremely happy with it and have no intention of ever changing. Its simple, secure, and quiet. Initially I was worried about the fit and comfort as there is no elastic in the construction. However after getting it adjusted properly, I found I actually liked that there was no elastic. Elastic = bouncing... I found the harness kept my nockers close and secure to my body whether running, walking, or crawling.

Obviously, just my 2cents. The Bino Harness debate reminds me an awful lot of the whole Chevy, Ford, Dodge debate. It all boils down to what you want your harness to do.

Having tried a few differant mfgs.. the marsupial gear harness really is the bees knees. Personally, I run my pistol on my pack hipbelt with an Ivory Holster holster designed for EXO packs but I've also tried the Marsupial gear pistol attachment that attaches to the bino harness and that certainly does the job too.

Honestly, I think a lot of it comes down to personal preference and what you want in a harness. Personally, I want simple. I'm not a fan of a bunch of extra pockets and I don't want zippers or magnets. I've tried on many different harnesses and find they all fit about the same. I ended up going the Kuiu route (original style) and am extremely happy with it and have no intention of ever changing. Its simple, secure, and quiet. Initially I was worried about the fit and comfort as there is no elastic in the construction. However after getting it adjusted properly, I found I actually liked that there was no elastic. Elastic = bouncing... I found the harness kept my nockers close and secure to my body whether running, walking, or crawling.

Obviously, just my 2cents. The Bino Harness debate reminds me an awful lot of the whole Chevy, Ford, Dodge debate. It all boils down to what you want your harness to do.
I'm about to try a size L Kuiu Pro Harness with some 10x42 Pures. I like the closure and malleable (shapeable) cover.

*No pistol carry

You could check out Eberlestock and their Scout bino harness. I have one in large and it can handle my Kowa 10.5x44s as well as a full size .45 with 4.5” barrel.

I’m a huge fan of the AGC packs, most people say they are to big and bulky but I like having everything in my bino pack I would need to process an animal and survive a night. Ie space blanket, fire starter, lighter, tyto, blood stop, leather man, and a spare headlight and a couple extra rounds, some chordage and a small carabiner.

I have the account, and probably about 15-20% of the ti.e I love how big it is, but I typically don't have a backpack so I can shove some extra stuff in there. Other than that, I think there really is just a little too much going on but don't be afraid to do like me and stick an IWB holster on one of the lower straps

I’m a huge fan of the AGC packs, most people say they are to big and bulky but I like having everything in my bino pack I would need to process an animal and survive a night. Ie space blanket, fire starter, lighter, tyto, blood stop, leather man, and a spare headlight and a couple extra rounds, some chordage and a small carabiner.
They should rename this model the sherpa

I have both the AGC and the Marsupial. The AGC is a great harness and bulletproof. I use it as a case for my spare binos After wearing it for a year. It was more harness than I needed.
The Marsupial is what I wear hunting. I really like it as it fits me well and is more minimalist. Than my AGC. Harnesses are a personal choice like boots.

I kind of figured it'd be some personal preference, was just having trouble finding one with a decent holster and was curious what other brands I haven't looked into yet. I do thank everyone for the info

If you go with the marsupial, I would recommend the enclosed version. It works great in light rain and snow to keep the lenses dry.
Or if you live in, or hunt in, a dusty climate. The enclosed is awesome protection from dust.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back