Bighorn sheep maccess zone 680?

Yep exactly hope you have an aircraft!! Much less expensive than 89.00 access fee.

You obviously aren't a math major...
The website for this ridiculously stupid program states that you MUST BE A MEMBER PRIOR TO THE DRAW. So, with the odds of drawing a sheep tag in 680 being 0.35% it will easily take most hunters 10-20+ years or so to draw...
Seems that renting an aircraft is MUCH less expensive!
I got one of the postcards in the mail last week...I laughed out loud and tossed it in the trash.

Yep exactly hope you have an aircraft!! Much less expensive than 89.00 access fee.

So you're telling me that someone can't shoot a nice ram on the thousands and thousands of acres of public land that are accessible without the need of an aircraft? If so, we both know you're full of chit.

Nope not a math wizard just a public land hunter that likes the program. Define nice? Yes you can shoot a ram on thousands of public acres just not those. Would you pay 1.00 for access to hunt , because bet 90% of you keyboard nazi's have already paid to hunt elsewhere in the world for other animals. I like my position on this subject as like anyone else's entitled to there's. Oh yeah how about the people that draw their first year, or second. Not bad for them.

It is kind of funny that this access program is only good for species/sex that happen to be just about the most difficult and unlikely tags to draw in the state. If they let me use my ewe tag I might have considered it, but alas...I actually have a half way decent chance of drawing that tag, so no access for me. I guess I will just have to drag the boat along.

All of the good sheep hunting is land locked and not accessible to the public. Also, all of bighorn rams that are on public are extremely wild and will run like crazy at the first sight of a human. If you want a big ram you have to pay an outfitter, there is no other way to get a good ram in that district.

All of the good sheep hunting is land locked and not accessible to the public. Also, all of bighorn rams that are on public are extremely wild and will run like crazy at the first sight of a human. If you want a big ram you have to pay an outfitter, there is no other way to get a good ram in that district.

Hahaha! Now thats funny. I took a jet boat up river during the rut and literally could have hit 50 rams with a rock right from the boat. But since we had a tag on the other side we just looked south and shot one on the opposite bank. Didn't seem too hard to me. He was a 284 ram. Guess that was good enough for us.

I took a jet boat up river during the rut and literally could have hit 50 rams with a rock right from the boat.

Well the rams I've seen I would've at least had to use a sling-shot. Pretty hard to get in rock range... that is, unless you pay for access to "your pot of gold".

I hope people don't fall for that crap.

whelieking: which place should I send my money? www.access2hunt.com or www.chasenaccess.com? Or both? Is there some more I can send money to in addition to these? I want to make sure I'll have a place to hunt when I draw my sheep tag. :D

THIS dumb...
image3.jpg

Tell you what, if I draw that sheep tag, I want to be able to hunt more than 5 days without paying for additional days and bring a few friends to help out, well not even for helping out, just to tag along for a great hunt. I start paying for those non-hunters and additional days to help and that will add up very quickly. What if 4 out of 5 days its raining and storming to beat hell and cant hunt, them I'm screwed unless I pay for more days... And what If I have a group of friends that want to tag along, I can only bring 3...

I'll hike in and hunt the public...

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I have 1 more day to change my sheep app. I Think it will be 680, it sounds like I have a great chance at drawing. Which access site is better wheelieking? Does one have better land than the other? If this doesn't work out I'll probably go South and pay to shoot a fenced Barbery Sheep as my back-up plan.

Last edited:
If this doesn't work out I'll probably go to Texas to pay to shoot a fenced Barbery Sheep as my back-up plan.

Can't you Tanans piss on each other without bringing Texas into it?

All Montanan's are required to learn why Texas needs to be piddled on by grade 6.

......statutory urination on Texas 6th graders sounds about right for Montana legislation.

Ben,
Do you happen to know which MCA allows for FWP to release the names and addresses of permit applicants?
I am curious the legalities of using that information for private business?

mtelkhntr

Ben,
Do you happen to know which MCA allows for FWP to release the names and addresses of permit applicants?
I am curious the legalities of using that information for private business?

mtelkhntr

I don't know where it's housed but I would imagine that since it's gov't information it has to be available for the public.

Harley: too true. :D

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back