Big Tom Lion in the Dirt

Desk Pop

Our season ended here last week. We were able to finish the season with a nice showing by my hounds. I had an older dog of mine, a pup, and a buddy's pup. The snow was high, but the deer were low so we were hiking in the dirt hoping to get one started. My older dog started striking from where one crossed the trail and took off into the hills. They jumped him from a rocky/cliffy spot and put him up a short time after. The ground was too hard to hold any track so we were happily surprised that he was a mature tom when we reached the tree. We took some pics, walked back, drove home, switched the older dog with two others, hiked back in and casted them around the tree for a rerun and catch. Most of the tracks I run are either all snow or snow with a few bare sidehills...nice to get one on dry ground once in a while. It is a lot of work, but hound hunting doesn't get old for me.104073104072

That’s awesome. Must be good hounds to trail to tree in dry frozen ground. Thanks for posting.

loved those hunts. the most difficult one for me was not in the snow but in Mexico--tough hunt but memorable

That was a great dual workout for those hounds and they were up to the task.

Congratulations to you and them

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back