Big Snowy WMA Scoping

• Thread starter Deleted member 20812
  • Start date
As you write your comments in support, send them to your local legislators too. With the session in flux, the budget is going to be more important than ever, and this project can live or die by the appropriations committee. If you want acquisitions like this, tell your politicians.

This is a prime example of the importance of Habitat Montana and LWCF. Habitat Montana needs to have the ability to spend it's funding on acquisitions and this is the largest one in quite a while.

RMEF is doing outstanding work here, as is DFWP.

Done. I put in my comments that if this goes through I would hope they put a parking area close to the county road rather than having an access road go all the way up to the timber. It won't be much of value for hunting if its too accessible.

Done. I put in my comments that if this goes through I would hope they put a parking area close to the county road rather than having an access road go all the way up to the timber. It won't be much of value for hunting if its too accessible.
Agreed, but as it is right now there’s plenty of 2 track roads all over it. For it to be worth a damn for hunting I would hope they would close them to motorized access and just have it be walk in only.

Agreed, but as it is right now there’s plenty of 2 track roads all over it. For it to be worth a damn for hunting I would hope they would close them to motorized access and just have it be walk in only.

Most WMA's are managed for critters first, and opportunity second. They also have to go through a planning phase where this will be on the table. No doubt it will be similar to other WMA's that are closed during winter, and open in May for recreation using the trails & roads that are deemed responsible for the mission.

Most WMA's are managed for critters first, and opportunity second. They also have to go through a planning phase where this will be on the table. No doubt it will be similar to other WMA's that are closed during winter, and open in May for recreation using the trails & roads that are deemed responsible for the mission.
Agreed. I'd expect to see a rather restrictive travel plan.

If any Montana members on this board have not commented in support of this to express support or concerns , you should have your ass kicked. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back