Big Snowy WMA Approved

This is great!!! That is an awesome property. Hunter response will either be enjoying the easier access or mad that the access will result in more hunters.

"Knudsen was the lone dissenting vote."
Keep this in your pocket Montana voters. There was no reason to oppose this purchase other than "the government shouldn't own land" argument.

When Knudsen decides to run for Governor, which he has indicated as a goal, hunters should remember this.........

“I don’t think it’s a surprise to anyone in here given my previous comments that I’m not going to vote for this. I’m opposed to this. I’ve made that clear to anyone that’s come to talk to me about this,” he said. “I do think Fish, Wildlife & Parks has an empire-building problem. I do think they have a problem with maintenance and management of a lot of land that they already own, so I’m not inclined to vote for more state ownership of fee land.”

When Knudsen decides to run for Governor, which he has indicated as a goal, hunters should remember this.........

“I don’t think it’s a surprise to anyone in here given my previous comments that I’m not going to vote for this. I’m opposed to this. I’ve made that clear to anyone that’s come to talk to me about this,” he said. “I do think Fish, Wildlife & Parks has an empire-building problem. I do think they have a problem with maintenance and management of a lot of land that they already own, so I’m not inclined to vote for more state ownership of fee land.”
F that guy

Thankfully the Montanans of yesteryear didn’t feel this way when they bought the Beartooth WMA - now one of the state’s most sought after elk and deer permit areas, or dozens of other WMAs near-universally appreciated by modern Montanans. Knudsen has clearly stated his concerns are not with the Montanans who are here now, but with those who are coming.

I think of how different these conversations would be if Bennion had defeated Knudsen in the primary. There are what I think are conservation-minded Republicans out there, but on a statewide level, Republican voters writ large don’t like them.

Word on this street is Knudsen will be running for gov in 2024 even if Gianforte seeks a second term. I’m not real fond of the current gov and some of his agenda but clearly it could be worse!

Last edited:
What letter does he have behind his name?
Same letter as the 4 that voted in favor. How about Christi Jacobsen as a potential gubernatorial candidate in 2028? I hear she recieved more votes than any other candidate in the 2020 election. Popular, competent, and not so polarizing. Most likely I will be a Wyoming resident by then and won't have a say in the matter anyway.

Glad this WMA has been approved.

Same letter as the 4 that voted in favor. How about Christi Jacobsen as a potential gubernatorial candidate in 2028? I hear she recieved more votes than any other candidate in the 2020 election. Popular, competent, and not so polarizing. Most likely I will be a Wyoming resident by then and won't have a say in the matter anyway.

Glad this WMA has been approved.
Point is that it seems like with sportsmen the letter has more influence on the vote for governor than how the candidate voted on a fee title acquisition.

Point is that it seems like with sportsmen the letter has more influence on the vote for governor than how the candidate voted on a fee title acquisition.
I don't know about that. Previous 2 Governors had a different letter behind their name. May be a more accurate statement when I become a Wyoming resident though.

I believe this to be true. I mean, Knudsen won the AG race handedly, and outside of 2nd Amendment issues, has always been on the wrong side of conservation and blue collar folks hunting.

This was from 5 years ago...

"I support the transfer of federal public lands to Montana, for legal reasons. In our state charter, the federal government made a contract promise to relinquish federal lands to Montana. Further, the United States Supreme Court has upheld this state charter language and ruled that the federal government must turn over these lands. Prior to the 1970’s, it had been the federal government’s policy to do so; however Congress reversed this policy and now the federal government refuses to honor its own contract obligations and Supreme Court rulings."

knud1.JPG

Or just a month ago when he voted against a very modest acquisition brought forth by the RMEF.

"We've got a lot of people who are moving here. We've got people that need places to live. I don't think people are moving here from California, from Oregon, from Washington to live in high rise apartments.They'd like to have a piece of Montana and have a little acreage and a house."

Sportsmen are just as capable of being reduced to slogan chanting zombies as kids on a college campus.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back