Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Landboard to consider Big Snowy WMA Oct. 17th

mtnkid85

Hey folks, It all comes down to this. The proposed Big Snowy WMA has been in motion for years slowly advancing through the channels and this next monday, Oct. 17th is the final step. The Montana Land Board will make a decision on whether or not to finalize the purchase of the Big Snowy WMA.
Right NOW is a critical time to get your emails into the board and let them know how much Montanans value this purchase. The board in its entirety can be emailed at [email protected].

If your interested or unfamiliar, here's a bit more info on the property.

And Mondays land board agenda: http://dnrc.mt.gov/landboard/meeting-archive/archive/2022-10-17_land-board_agenda-final.pdf

Are we taking bets on the result of their vote?

I’m hopeful. They recently approved the Mount Haggin parcel purchase, and though larger, this seems more of a no-brainer than that.

Either way, it’s a close vote. There’s a couple members who are a priori opposed to any acquisitions in any instance.

I’m hopeful. They recently approved the Mount Haggin parcel purchase, and though larger, this seems more of a no-brainer than that.

Either way, it’s a close vote. There’s a couple members who are a priori opposed to any acquisitions in any instance.
Word on the street is the big GG is on board so I’m hopeful. But that doesn’t mean I’m not going to show up for it!

Honestly denying a massively popular collaborative project that benefits a children's hospital like this seems like political suicide, doesn’t it?

As of now the vote count is 4-1, in favor. Folks with connections have paid visits the AG's to inform that voting against this does happen in a vacuum. If Knudsen has aspirations to run for Governor someday, as he has stated, a vote against this one would be baggage he will have a hard time shaking.

As of now the vote count is 4-1, in favor. Folks with connections have paid visits the AG's to inform that voting against this does happen in a vacuum. If Knudsen has aspirations to run for Governor someday, as he has stated, a vote against this one would be baggage he will have a hard time shaking.
You mean to tell me the guy who “never votes for these kinda things” is on board!? Look out!

I’m thankful to the folks with connections!

Almost as hard to shake as not voting in favor of the Haggin purchase because the out of staters who move here expect “some acreage” for their subdivisions.

Heard this on MT public radio, with a nice quote from Gianforte saying "Anytime we have the opportunity to consolidate state real estate and improve access I'm for it"
Can’t argue with Jersey Greg on that. He is still a transplant that take his eastern ways home with him.

Reactions: DFS
Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back