Big Sky, Greenhorn and unlucky Tom

Big Sky

Just in case any of youz wuz wondering how Greenhorn's hunt went this morning....I let the pic's speak for themselves.
fc460688.jpg

fc46068a.jpg

fc460685.jpg

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 04-25-2003 16:44: Message edited by: Big Sky ]</font>

Looks like ya got it figured out in the picture posting
wink.gif

AWSOME pictures man !! Looks like the same tree that had a turkey in it when I was there.. and the same spot that you shot yours.... Is there just a nest of them there ???!?!

It was a real good time. Troy knew right where they'd be.

Real grueling hunt,
smile.gif
long stalk just before daylight, about 10 minutes. The toughest part was the shot.. trying to find it's head when it was tucked under it's wing while on the roost. My bbs peppered the breast.. bummer.
wink.gif
Should have had the bow, but what diff does it make when you blow them out of their tree before breakfast??

It may not settle well with the die-hard turkey hunters, but I thought it was a good time. How many other guys have taken turkey from their roost from the prone position?
biggrin.gif

Oh and I almost forgot, I've shot pheasants on the ground.. and ducks on the water too. If they are stupid enough to wait around, I don't have a problem letting them have it.
biggrin.gif

Ha ha Greenie you'd make a good kiwi,remember the bolt cutters for the chained gates and the spotlight as well tho'.
biggrin.gif

Nice job! I wish we could hunt those around these parts!

Why don't you trap some alive and send them up!

Dave

Nice bird Greenhorn.Congrats

If a bird will let you get that close. Well he screwed up the way I see it.

Here's another picture we took before going fishing with sticks of dynamite yesterday afternoon.
biggrin.gif

Tyler_and_Turkey.sized.jpg

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 04-26-2003 07:35: Message edited by: Greenhorn ]</font>

KUDOS KURT..... LOOKS like you got the Dinomite that I sent ya... Show some pics of the Fish when You're done...
wink.gif

Looking at that photo of you and your son I just have to ask. Do you comb his hair in the morning or does he do yours? Talk about twins!

Since no one else has asked the required question, I'll do it: just what are you doing behind that bird?
tongue.gif
Nice turkey; congratulations!

Its amazing, that little guy knows how to hold a shotgun! He's got a hunting dad, that's for sure. Congratulations! You had a good scout too!

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back