Big news in Nevada.

Always good to hear that game populations are good enough to open a season. I'm guessing with those population numbers it'll be resident only like their goat tags though.

That’s so awesome wish I was a resident to be able to apply for them!

i was looking in the e-regs and dont see them?? im thinking there are not enough for non -res to apply??res only?? can non res apply for a point yet,,i want to get in the ground floor if they are starting points on them///similar to mtn goat//they had non-res tags some years ago,then they didnt have them available for several years,then they just started them up again//glad ive got 4 mtn goat points so far.

i was looking in the e-regs and dont see them?? im thinking there are not enough for non -res to apply??res only?? can non res apply for a point yet,,i want to get in the ground floor if they are starting points on them///similar to mtn goat//they had non-res tags some years ago,then they didnt have them available for several years,then they just started them up again//glad ive got 4 mtn goat points so far.
The 2024 regs aren't out yet. They just set the season dates last weekend. The quotas will be set in a couple months. I believe it was only a resident hunt though.

Wish they would wait a few more years and let the population grow. Probably won’t hurt to harvest a bull or two though. I’m definitely going to get in on the ground floor for this one

Wish they would wait a few more years and let the population grow. Probably won’t hurt to harvest a bull or two though. I’m definitely going to get in on the ground floor for this one
There won't be near enough harvest to affect the population in any significant way.

There won't be near enough harvest to affect the population in any significant way.
Yeah I can't see NDOW allotting more than 2 or 3 tags which is fine with me.
It would be exciting just to see one in the Rubys where we've been hunting since the early 80's.
Back then seeing an elk in the Rubys wasn't even a thought, now we might see a moose. :D

Yeah I can't see NDOW allotting more than 2 or 3 tags which is fine with me.
It would be exciting just to see one in the Rubys where we've been hunting since the early 80's.
Back then seeing an elk in the Rubys wasn't even a thought, now we might see a moose. :D
I remember driving through secret pass when I was a kid and my dad and uncle talking about recent elk spottings in the area. Now they're in pretty much the whole state.

Nevada will need to build their moose population quickly to offset what will happen to Colorado's moose.

"The agency has tracked more than 100 moose in the state, and with growing numbers, officials say allowing hunting will keep the population in check."

Apparently we are worried about the moose becoming overpopulated in Nevada?

QQ
NV has such great moose habitat I'm sure they will eventually over run the place;)

NV has such great moose habitat I'm sure they will eventually over run the place;)
Hahaha this very true....it was more of a dog on the wolf thing in Colorado. They had done so good their with their moose populations.

"The agency has tracked more than 100 moose in the state, and with growing numbers, officials say allowing hunting will keep the population in check."

Apparently we are worried about the moose becoming overpopulated in Nevada?

QQ
There's more bulls than cows. Killing a couple bulls will put less stress on the cows during the rut, and ultimately benefit the population.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back