Big MT Bighorn Sheep

GFHunter

My Brother ended the 2005 MT hunting season with an unused either-sex Moose permit burning a hole in his wallet.|oo |oo

This year he drew a MT Bighorn sheep tag and made up for the mishap of a year ago. He killed this dandy Ram yesterday with his Bow and Arrow at about 30 yards. Should be a new Montana State Record P/Y class. The current pope and young record is 192 1/8. His Ram green scored 196. This Ram was about 10 years old. We'll have to see how much shrinkage occurs over the next 60 days.

All the field shots are with a 35mm camera. Here are some photos of the Big Boy back at home this morning, with field photos to come later. Enjoy!!!!!

My Brother Damon with his Ram.
IM000297.jpg
[/IMG]
My 2 brother holding Damons Ram.
IM000294.jpg
[/IMG]

Side View (His left side)
IM000296.jpg
[/IMG]
Side View (His right side)
IM000295.jpg
[/IMG]

GF:

That is a great feat for your brother. What a wonderful ram - even that much more impressive with archery gear.

I hope some day that FWP will give me or my son one of those tags. Do you mind telling what unit?

Happy hunting.

Big Fin

GF, I did a little research and the World record is 199 5/8. The MT record is 192 1/8. This is what I came up with so hope this clears things up. Very nice sheep...Congrats to your brother!

beautiful ram congrats to your bro, I was elk hunting over by Alder and a guy shot a real nice ram over in that area on the 16th dont know if it was that big, but as with your bro's any ram with stick-n-sting is a beaut.

Back