Big Horn Sheep Street Tacos

backcountry_sassn

Tonight’s wild game meal is out of the desert bighorn ewe I killed 2 seasons ago.

First cut a big section meat into big slices about 1/4” thick so it’s like a flank steak. I don’t cut my meat into steaks or anything like that when I process it. I keep it in whole muscle groups so I have a choice what to do with it when I cook. I marinate it over night in a mixture of olive oil, chili powder, lime juice, and salt and pepper. When I’m ready to cook I crank the grill up to as hot as I can get it. The secret is cooking hot so it sears but doesn’t over cook. Since it’s thin, you need it very hot. I put it on when my BBQ thermometer says 600 degrees. Takes about 30 secs per side at this temp. I then stack it all up and let it rest for about 5 min. Chop it up small and the meats ready. The white sauce on top is a basic Tzatziki (a Greek sauce). It is made with plain yogurt, dill, garlic, and grated cucumber, and lemon juice with salt added to taste. I like my street tacos pretty simple.....corn tortilla, meat, white onion, Tzatziki, and cilantro. Most times I don’t put the Tzatziki on it, but I’m making Elk Kabobs tomorrow so figured I would make the Tzatziki for that today to try on the Tacos as well.
50F8436C-BA0C-45EA-9CD2-7822FEC714D5.jpeg

Your Marinade sounds a lot like the Carne Asada marinade I made. I think I used Cumin too. i like The Tzatziki idea too!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMArcheryCoues24
Back