Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Big Belts

DKO

I have accepted an invitation to hunt the (central) big belts this year for Elk/Mule deer on a general tag, I have hunted Montana in the past but never in this area. One of the reasons I am hunting this area is that i will be joining a good friend, his Father-in-law who is 72 and his Uncle who is 69. I know we will have allot of company on this hunt which is OK my main goal is to help these two have a great time and hopefully a very memorable hunt.

The time frame is the first two weeks of general gun season (not my favorite choice) and we will be utilizing one of the many forestry cabins as a base camp.

Although my main intention is spotter/sherpa for these young fellows I am planning a few days on my own and have a few ideas about where I may look to hunt but would like some local knowledge to help me in the right direction. I would prefer to ask specifics through PM so if anyone is familiar with the area and wouldn't mind a few questions, I would surly appreciate any experience or advice that could be shared.

Thanks in advance and please feel free to post any general experience on the board.

Back