Big alberta buck

nube

Hey guys, I have been doing some taxidermy work with a friend of mine who has taught me. I did my deer from 2 years ago and finally got him up on the wall. He scored 175" the first time I scored him and I scored him later after he shrunk at 173 and 6/8. Surprised they shrink so much.
Here you go!!!
DSC00226.jpg

DSC00227.jpg

DSC00228.jpg

DSC00229.jpg

2009deer005-1.jpg

2009deer010.jpg

2009deer008.jpg

Never been a fan of full sneak mounts but I really like how that turned out. I think it must be that it's a basket rack that makes it look so good in sneak. Great job! Deers a stud!

Whopper of a buck, and really nice work.
I would like to make one suggestion though. Next time you go to Alberta, bring your coat.:D

Whopper of a buck, and really nice work.
I would like to make one suggestion though. Next time you go to Alberta, bring your coat.:D

I actually live here so it doesn't get to me like it would you boys. It usually gets to -40 here every year at least for a few days. Now that is when you need a jacket!!:hump:

Thanks for the comments on the deer guys. I did the full sneak because I have a bunch of other big bucks on the wall and you kind of get tired of the same old left and right semi sneek turns if ya know what I mean. Time to try something different. Not sure what I will do on the next one. Any sugestions are welcome

Ditto the good comments. Try a mount with the buck rubbing a tree. I had my brother have one of his blacktails done that way and it turned out good.

Dang nice buck, and good looking mount, Congrats! What part of AB?

Great buck and superb taxi work! I've always that that mounting your own would be a great way to complete the hunting endeavor.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back