Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Big Agnes Tent

Muskeez

Anyone have any comments on B.A. Copper Spur UL2 tent for two, 5'8", 170 pound guys, backpacking in ?? Not as light as the FlyCreek UL2, but I like the idea of 2 doors and 2 vestibules for gear. Also plan to sleep with feet at opposite ends of the tent (less creepy), and I'm thinking the Flycreek maybe tapers down too much on one end for that? Any other suggestions? My main focus is to keep the entire tent and accessories at or under 3.5 pounds.

I have the ul3. Sweet tent with tons of room for two guys and some gear. I think you'll want to be real close friends to sleep in the 2man. Have you thought about a tarp tent?

Anyone have any comments on B.A. Copper Spur UL2 tent for two, 5'8", 170 pound guys, backpacking in ?? Not as light as the FlyCreek UL2, but I like the idea of 2 doors and 2 vestibules for gear. Also plan to sleep with feet at opposite ends of the tent (less creepy), and I'm thinking the Flycreek maybe tapers down too much on one end for that? Any other suggestions? My main focus is to keep the entire tent and accessories at or under 3.5 pounds.

I've run that tent the last two years as a solo shelter and it would be real tight for two guys.

You might consider this: http://seekoutside.com/products/ultralight-tipis/little-bug-out-shelter/

Probably the most versatile shelter out there right now and now on my list for this summer.

Thanks guys! I will look into the 3 man versions for 2 guys. The tent/tipi thing is interesting, but it seems that the weight would be about the same after adding all the pieces, and I wouldn't have a enclosed tent for bug protection which we have a LOT of here, Mostquitoes, no see-ums, tics, etc... Thx again!

I have the flycreek UL2 and UL3. UL2 is really a one person and the UL3 is a 2 person. Plenty of room for 2. Great tents. I miss the two doors, but not the weight. Search Ebay and mis-spell words. I got them both new for an average of $150 bucks each doing this.

I have used the Copper Spur UL3 for the past couple years. It is a great lightweight tent with plenty of space for 2 guys, and I would agree with those above the 2 man version is going to be pretty cozy for 2 guys. For me the 2 doors/vestibules is a must. Makes entry and exit along with gear organization much easier.

Thanks for all of the replies and info! I bought the Fly Creek UL3. I set it up in the living room and I am SO GLAD I did not get a 2 man tent for 2 men. The 3 man will be cozy enough. I went with the Fly Creek to save on weight, since I will likely be the one hauling it. There is plenty of head room at both ends for sleeping. The vestibule looks bigger in the picture than it really is, but I guess it will have to be good enough. If anyone needs a similar tent and doesn't mind the extra 3/4 pound, I think the Copper Spur would be the best and most functional tent.

Back