Biden Vows to Defeat NRA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the NRA really synonymous with gun violence these days? serious question.
It caught my attention when the media was blaming the "republican party" during the capital fiasco last week, rather than the rioters actually violating the law.. Just sad that everything seems to be twisted into a political shaming or to ostracize apposing views.
Obviously, the cumulative social view on governmental regulation and personal freedom has evolved since 1776, and exponentially more rapid since June 1944, but has the American dream really died, as I continue to hear in the news, and the assault on the constitution the new expected norm?

Seems to me we could all be unanimous in supporting the 2A and opposing any attempts to infringe on it. Am I wrong about that? Is that considered controversial?
Supporting the 2A and firearm ownership restrictions are a valid topic for this forum. Nothing wrong with discussions about potential legislation on the topic.

If thread turns into partisan "sniveling" it's going to get shut down. Politics is fine, just keep it fact based and try to avoid broad generalizations or demonization of groups or parties.

"Biden, posted this on twitter, The President Elect appointed XYZ person to do_____" (y)

The tenor of these threads are typically the issue not the topic.

Sitting in this chair, I'm in a state with probably the most restrictive firearm regulations. When applying for my license I was told the commonwealth has never had this many first time applicants for licenses.

Seems to be a theme nationwide. I wonder if there will be an upwelling of support for the 2A because of this? Gun violence was also up in 2020 so I can see it going the other ways as well.

I doubt 2A will be a first hundred days issue.

Seems to me we could all be unanimous in supporting the 2A and opposing any attempts to infringe on it. Am I wrong about that? Is that considered controversial?
Supporting the 2A certainly wouldn’t be controversial but that isn’t mentioned. The NRA certainly is. I wouldn’t shed any tears if they disappeared. I’m just looking forward to all the Pittman-Robertson dollars that will be flowing into conservation and shooting ranges over the next 4 years.

Supporting the 2A certainly wouldn’t be controversial but that isn’t mentioned. The NRA certainly is. I wouldn’t shed any tears if they disappeared. I’m just looking forward to all the Pittman-Robertson dollars that will be flowing into conservation and shooting ranges over the next 4 years.
I'm not looking forward to Biden/Harris. Oooops. mtmuley

"... I doubt 2A will be a first hundred days issue. ..."

Don't bet your sweet bippy on it.
The (D)'s have become emboldened.
Cheating or ignoring Constitutionality is non-sequitur.
...and we know the media will cover for them.

Uncompromising support of a flawed organization with some serious secondary gain issues has contributed to where we are as a country and to the ambivalence of those of us in the middle of road. Is my NRA life membership to blame for someone's needless (and unintended) death or disability? Maybe...
If there was a way to support responsible gun ownership without triggering (see what I did there) other groups, I'd be up for an alternative to the NRA.

Uncompromising support of a flawed organization with some serious secondary gain issues has contributed to where we are as a country and to the ambivalence of those of us in the middle of road. Is my NRA life membership to blame for someone's needless (and unintended) death or disability? Maybe...
If there was a way to support responsible gun ownership without triggering (see what I did there) other groups, I'd be up for an alternative to the NRA.
But you will keep your guns, right? mtmuley

Probably a typical Biden gaff...
What he said;
...to defeat the NRA and end our epidemic of gun violence.

What he intended to say;
...to be briefed by the NRA on how to ensure our law abiding American citizens Second Amendment shall not be infringed.

You know... because this is not a political issue between Red and Blue...

You can check out the top topics on Congress.gov for bills coming forth in the next Congressional get together. All questions about whether or not the 2A will be a topic can be answered with a little scrolling.
Apparently some bills are already pre-filed.

The link is specifically to BFs comment about the importance of the 2A ;)

Larry has a great website though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back