Caribou Gear Tarp

Biden Administration to negotiate with animal rights activists over public land hunting

I liked a Rinella quote in regards to groups like CBD that I will paraphrase: "If they actually care about wildlife, they should advocate for more/improved habitat. That's the only thing that affects wildlife in the long-term." Unfortunately, they do not care about wildlife, they care about stopping hunting and any other practice they consider immoral or unethical.

Be interesting to see what the outcome is. Biden has a lot of support on this board, BHA included.
I'm an optimist disguised as a cynic sometimes, but I'll hope his negotiation is helps them feel heard and he then does what we'd think is the right thing after hearing them out. Maybe have to throw them a bone as is often just unfortunately necessary in negotiations, and then maybe throw a counterbalancing bone back over to us.

The tears of CBD are just as bitter as those of USSA.
But wait, it gets better. -Billy Mays

However, the surprise joint filing by the Biden Administration and CBD asking for a delay in the court proceedings while the two sides conduct settlement talks sends an alarming message to hunting groups that are preparing to intervene in the lawsuit to ensure the rights of sportsmen are protected. Should the administration reach an agreement, CBD would likely not have to spend a single legal dollar, as these settlements often include payment of legal fees using taxpayer dollars. Worse, any settlement will likely include restrictions or revocation of hunting opportunities. The Sportsmen’s Alliance and other conservation groups were offered no warning of the pending talks, nor offered a seat at the table.

But wait, it gets better. -Billy Mays

CBD would likely not have to spend a single legal dollar, as these settlements often include payment of legal fees using taxpayer dollars.

Yes, this is how many of these legal/activist funds support themselves. It's a legal loophole that allows them to churn fees with no skin in the game.

U.S. SuperYacht Association guys are real pricks.
Ok not trying to stir the pot but I am kinda dumb. Do you say this because Sportmen's Alliance bros are the yacht owning type? Just curious if there is a deeper meaning or a funny play on an acronym. I know very little about the group.

I liked a Rinella quote in regards to groups like CBD that I will paraphrase: "If they actually care about wildlife, they should advocate for more/improved habitat. That's the only thing that affects wildlife in the long-term." Unfortunately, they do not care about wildlife, they care about stopping hunting and any other practice they consider immoral or unethical.

I’m not a member but I’ve worked with them and met some nice folks there who are not anti hunting or anti fishing.

Here is a project I’ve helped them out with that recreational angler groups won’t touch because they think good habitat are salmon hatcheries.

The state of Oregon has done a terrible job of stewarding salmon recovery under the ESA, including the weakest logging standards on the west coast BY FAR. The state dept of forestry argues steep slope logging roads don’t cause increased sedimentation into streams. They also argue culverts on state land are acceptable to salmon migration. While recreational fishing groups spend their time complaining about lack of fish, and at the same time doing nothing to address well documented problems facing salmon , the very environmental groups they flame are the ones actually doing the meaningful work to get better forestry practices and achieve better habitat. This is a consistent pattern.

7776CC32-B5C1-4705-970A-7E0FBF8C1C46.jpeg

47BCB553-F144-4FB8-B112-8D67579A338F.jpeg

807B6596-D0A3-452E-9BC4-ACCB1BDCACEC.jpeg

I’m not a member but I’ve worked with them and met some nice folks there who are not anti hunting or anti fishing.

Here is a project I’ve helped them out with that recreational angler groups won’t touch because they think good habitat are salmon hatcheries.

The state of Oregon has done a terrible job of stewarding salmon recovery under the ESA, including the weakest logging standards on the west coast BY FAR. The state dept of forestry argues steep slope logging roads don’t cause increased sedimentation into streams. They also argue culverts on state land are acceptable to salmon migration. While recreational fishing groups spend their time complaining about lack of fish, and at the same time doing nothing to address well documented problems facing salmon , the very environmental groups they flame are the ones actually doing the meaningful work to get better forestry practices and achieve better habitat. This is a consistent pattern.
Do you have a link? What did they do for this project? I'm genuinely interested. My impression is they only do lawsuits and I would love to be wrong.

View attachment 212650

View attachment 212651

View attachment 212653
IDK, CBD wasn't part of the big overhaul this last year.
MOU was signed by 13 conservation groups: Wild OR, Wild Salmon Center, OR Stream Protection Coalition, Beyond Toxics, Audubon of Portlandia, Cascadia Wildlands, Klamath Siskiyou Wildlands Center, Pacific Coast Federation of Fisherman's Assoc., TU, Umpqua Watersheds, Northwest Guides and Anglers, Rogue Riverkeeper, OR league of conservation voters.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wyohandscold
Back