Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Beware of future birthdays

Butcher

Currently sitting at the hospital with my pregnant wife, waiting to see if our 5th kid wants today to be her day. I thought I would also mention something about the timing for those of you thinking of kids. Just think before you act is all I’m saying. February is a crucial month to practice abstinence. Don’t be my bro in law and have all 3 in November.

but...

take heart other potential baby makers! i shot a nice buck and a cow elk this season and had a baby on sept 19th.

it was indeed stressful though, required lots of extra careful planning and prep. whether or not doing such is possible is more dependent on the wife than anything else. we will be far more careful on number 2.

We have one in December, feb, april and june. And looking like January now lol

1 in March and 2 in the End of July 6 years + a week apart. But Birthdays just were not a big deal in my family. I remember having birthday cake at the County Fair for my July girls. There really was no planning with any of them...

My first was late April smack in the middle of our turkey season, 2nd mid October several season to work around there. Wife currently pregnant with the 3rd and apparently it was the charm as the due date is the end of July.

Yeah but as they grow up, sharing a birthday hunt with them is going to be special. My son and I both have November birthdays. He is our Thanksgiving baby(y)

my wife and my sister in law share a birthday, september 15th, talk about bad timing when you marry two brothers who are both elk hunting guides.

My BIL was telling us at the last first-part-of-October birthday party that he’s not celebrating his girls birthday after age ten. I smiled through cake and told him it’s not her fault you can’t do simple math. My son and I were born in the same week in April. 😁

Baby decided to come a month early and is havin a little trouble breathing but we told is normal in a 36 wk old. So a little extra time at the hospital this time but doesn’t seem to be a big issue.
Now to just endure staying in the city, sleeping on a couch that was made for a dwarf. The things I sacrifice for my family

I understand the planning on Wedding Anniversaries, but not for kids birthdays. My oldest has a mid-November birthday - and I get to plan special hunts just for her because she's the birthday kid (the other kid gets special hunts too, but the oldest definitely likes it).

Sure there were some *missed* hunting days, but now that they are tag-holders now - it makes it even more special for me.

Daughter shot her first elk this year the day after her birthday.

Good luck @Butcher - I hope things go well.

Back