Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Best WT ever for me.

schmalts

It was single digits, but that didnt matter in my pop up blind with the Mr. Heater cranking. Me and the boy were gonna try and shoot one tonight. Aftter an hour he was antsy and wanted to go back to the camper but i told him we had to wait until dark before we left. A doe and 2 fawns came by and i stuck the muzz out the window and couldnt see me sights?? Well thats because i laid it on the ground inside the blind so it would stay cold and not sweat up bad. There was a big clump of snow on the front sight and when i stuck my hand out the window to clean it off the big doe bolted. Next morning we tried again and 12 deer came and after watching them a bit i picked out the biggest doe and gave it shot. A few seconds after the smoke cleared there was a big doe lying there and i could see her bleeding out. Surprisingly she was up and trotted off a ways and fell. The boy missed all of this so it was time to see if he could track his first deer. He did a great job, and i video'd it all. It was funny though, he tracked it up to 10 feet before he saw it... he never looked up and just followed the tracks and blood.
Here is the big Horse of a doe and the little eskimo hunter.
muzzdoe.JPG

Very nice Pat. Nice tracker you have there. In a few years, hopefully he can be your packer as well. :D He can haul meat out and carry crutches in, just in case. ;) :D

Coolest thing is we went to Hardee's for breakfast after we were done and he said his favorite part was when i gutted it out!

How old is your little boy? Trying to decide how old to let mine get before I let start trying to shoot anything bigger than a .22.

He is 4 1/2 years old. He is pretty interested in hunting but time will tell if he will be a die hard hunter or not.
Moosie, in tearms of trophy size goes, she was bigger than my Muley. I bet she was 140lbs dressed out. Nice for WT doe are considered. She was a pig

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back