MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Best value in an ATV

How about the talk regarding the choice being liquid-cooled. Is air-cooled a bad thing when hunting high altitudes?...talk to me!

Dewman,

My Honda has a fan that is thermostat controlled and kicks on when it gets to a certain temp.An example would be when I was dragging your bros elk out,The fan came on when we got to the truck.It blows air across the engine to cool it down.
I have only noticed it working during hot weather while I was going at slow ground speeds.
The Artic Cat I looked at had a liquid cooled 500 cc suzuki engine.
My es is electric shift, which takes a couple of days to get use to.
smile.gif

Just seems weird for your feet not doing anything.I hardly ever and I do mean ever have to use the brakes.When I let of the gas or slow the engine down it slows the machine down.
Some of the belt driven machines are free wheeling going down hills and you have to ride the brakes to slow down.

------------------
Chambo

gunslinger.gif

Deer_runs.gif

http://www.hunttalk.com

Dewman,

You better ask him But,
Seems like I heard Chambo keeps Quad in his suburban........Sounds kinda like magic
smile.gif

Whatever you buy....consider a winch.
If you hunt alone(ever) You can rig a swing arm to load that big buck!
JB

JB,
Close but no cigar.
smile.gif

DS is the one who had a fully equipped camp loaded into his suburban,complete with atv.

It was quite an amazing sight to say the least.
smile.gif

------------------
Chambo

gunslinger.gif

Deer_runs.gif

http://www.hunttalk.com

Chambo,
OOPS,
My Bad, it must have been a sight though!
I dont see how a quad would go inside....much less the rest.
Must have looked like the beverly Hillbillys
Ride to beverly.
smile.gif

I can't say anything about the other brands, but I have a honda and i agree, nothing should be treated the way I treat that thing and it is just awesome.

Thanks yuall,....that's my best attempt at being missourian.
HMMM? Honda Rubicon 500 -vs- Sportsman 500

I seemed to recall the headlights were positioned such on the hondas that they got impaired with a load on the front end?

Back