Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

best round for 25-06

Buckmania

so, what's the best bullet to use for a 25-06? I've used SST's and don't like them because they blow up at close range, I've used Core-Loks but they seem to be too hard and zip right through, I've used Winchester's Ballistic Silver Tips and Positive Expanding Points and they too see to blow up.....anybody have some good recommendations?

Too hard? What kind of performace are you looking for? One that doesnt' blow up, but yet doesn't fully penitrate?

I find dead animals after following a short blood trail while using 120 grain partitions from a 25/06.

Any other questions?

one that expands and still goes through.....with Core-Lokts for my 25 and Fail Safe's for my 270 I've seen them go right through with little to no expansion, these are shots right behind the shoulder on a deer. The deer would run off like it was never even hit and on a couple of occasions I found the deer bedded and I had to wait a good hour for it to expire. With that being said, I used Core-Lokts in my 30-06 for a number of years and they performed flawlessly at all ranges, all game and shot great out of my gun.

Back