Best quiver for western hunting

KSArcher06

Hey guys I’m going on my first elk hunt this year. I’m a whitetail hunter who usually just takes my quiver off when I get to my stand but will be leaving my quiver on for this hunt. So what is the best quiver to leave on your bow when western hunting? Thank you in advance

The wind blows in the west....particularly if you hunt antelope. And for that reason a hip quiver is all I will ever use .

For elk hunting, I use an old Trautman hip quiver. Don’t like the extra weight on the bow and as stated, the wind becomes a huge factor. Every bow I own has a TightSpot bracket on it for stand or blind hunting.

If you shoot a Mathews the quivers they make are very solid. Can be pricy, but you get what you pay for.

When I was a compound shooter I got one of these. You can shoot on the side like a traditional quiver or out front. Combing from the climbing world I like anything that does the job of two things and saves weight.

When I was a compound shooter I got one of these. You can shoot on the side like a traditional quiver or out front. Combing from the climbing world I like anything that does the job of two things and saves weight.

I used a quivilizer for quite a while. I will say without a doubt I shot better with it extended as a stabilizer. A really nice innovative piece of equipment. Dan is an incredibly nice guy and the stuff he makes is top quality.

Just buy a tight spot no need to research further, and start slaying elk. Mine is older so I add a foam insert to the hood and a second gripper, both easy to find online and cheap, to better hold the variety of broadheads I like to shoot. Not sure if the newer ones come standard with those things or not

Depending on what bow you shoot. I'd say Tightspot is well known to western hunters as being the best quiver to keep arrows when attached to your bow.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back