Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Best quiver for western hunting

I use Tight Spot, I like that it sits very close to the bow. I have also used Hoyt's two piece and it was really good as well.

I have a 2 piece tight spot; this will be my first year with it but I’m really liking it.

Quivalizer.

Tough to argue Dan Evans’ success not only in filling tags, but bringing functional, vetted, first class products to market.

Quivalizer for me too. I first saw them on Western Hunter TV show and felt I had to have one. My issue I felt with other quivers that came with the bow I purchased is that they did not adjust the bow size. What good is it to have a real compact bow if your arrows stick a foot past it. I was always getting hung up on brush or whatever. Quivalizer just works well for me. I am too cheap to try 5 different ones, but Quivalizer did the trick for me. Love it.

Quivalizer for me too. I first saw them on Western Hunter TV show and felt I had to have one. My issue I felt with other quivers that came with the bow I purchased is that they did not adjust the bow size. What good is it to have a real compact bow if your arrows stick a foot past it. I was always getting hung up on brush or whatever. Quivalizer just works well for me. I am too cheap to try 5 different ones, but Quivalizer did the trick for me. Love it.
I’ve wanted to try one for years but never pulled the trigger on buying one. I do hunt a lot of thick brush country but I’ve never had issues with getting my bow or other stuff hung up. A friend of mine just opened an archery shop, been tempted to see if he could swing me a deal on one to try

I used a quivilizer for quite a while. I will say without a doubt I shot better with it extended as a stabilizer. A really nice innovative piece of equipment. Dan is an incredibly nice guy and the stuff he makes is top quality.
I have had my quivilizer for 5 or 6 elk hunts. It saves a pound of weight. I have never had an issue with it. It holds several arrow widths and is very versatile. never tried a tight spot, never had the need.

I have a Mathew’s bow and a Mathew’s two piece quiver. I look for one the attaches directly to bow. The one that have a quick connect rattle too much and bother me.

I also went with a hip quiver for many years. They have there be if it’s but I lost too many arrows.they would pop off while going through brush. I also had a fall where arrows popped out of the quiver and almost impaled me. No more hip quivers after that.

I agree, the Quivilizer is where it’s at. Had mine for 3 seasons and it has functioned flawlessly. It shaves a good bit of weight which is why I wanted it in the first place.
You can easily adjust the tightness of the arrow grips. The quiver can be adjusted into a ton of different positions to help with balance when it is in the quiver position.
And the best thing about Option Archery is when you call and ask a question you get Dan or his brother who are always super nice and helpful.
Best product out there made by some awesome Americans up in MT.

If you have a newer mathews their new quivers are amazing and the lowest profile I have seen. If not you can’t go wrong with a tight spot everything you need and fits most bows like a glove. Several styles to choose from and many different camo patterns to match any bow.

Mentioned it early, bow i am building now has tightspot 2 piece lite(has vents). Even with limb driven cord getting in way i can get total width of bow around 5 1/2" with loaded quiver and makes weight easy to center. So far really impressed, will not really know till mid September how good it is.

I had the foam based kwikee quiver on my last bow and really liked it. Looks like they went out of business but for now you can still get them on Amazon and Walmart

I have a tite spot 2 piece. Works well, is almost infinitely adjustable, holds even my micro diameter arrows firmly, and most importantly the foam holding the broadheads doesn’t squeak. I spooked a 6x7 after a long stalk when my broadhead squeaked in my last quiver. It got junked that afternoon.
I know a similar pain. Mid December 2016, bitter effin cold out. Had a dark horned 170 Muley with an inline on his back left fork. Had him at 33 yards quartering away, he had no idea I had just waited an hour for him to give me a shot and I couldnt feel my toes or fingers. Drew back my bow.... No arrow comes up. Vapor trail was frozen to the bumper pad and the arrow never moved.

Vapor trail wound up in a gas station garbage that night.

Back