Best Place for a Slammer Whitey?

Steiny

If you could hunt anywhere you wanted, with any outfitter, etc., where would be your best odds of taking a true moster whitetail? Firearms, not archery.

Killed a bunch of them, but never anything bigger than about 140. Really want a 160 buck. Thinking about giving it an all out effort for a couple seasons, maybe two hunts per year, starting next year.

Steiny, there is an Outfitter in Northern Idaho. He kills Toads for Muledeer and Whitetail. I'm hunting with him this year. If you want to "hooks up" and not in a Larry Craig way. Let me know and we can Kill a couple of White tail deer together. I would let you have first pick !!!

Boulder Creek Outfittters
Tim Craig

http://www.bouldercreekoutfitters.com/

Let me know.

If you want your BEST chance, and have the coin to drop, I would give Jim Shockey's camp a call.....he's got great locations, and we all know he is the real deal.......I think his Whitey hunts run about 5K.....

If you want your BEST chance, and have the coin to drop, I would give Jom Shockey's camp a call.....he's got great locations, and we all know he is the real deal.......I think his Whitey hunts run about 5K.....

5K is cheap compared to the trophy fees they're charging at the put & takes.

Buddy used Northway Outfitters in Saskatchewan and said that (though deer densities weren' particularly high) every buck he saw was 130+ and with any patience a guy can take a 160+ in a weeks time. That'd be my bet for up north.

In the states I second Moosie's call with Boulder Creek though I wonder what the fires ended up doing to his lands right now. Oscar have you talked to Tim lately??

Boulder creek wouldn't definitely NOT be my choice for a big whitey. Heck Idaho wouldn't even be one of my choices, If I wanted I big whitetail I'd look at the midwest or Saskatchewan or Alberta.

Moosie - I'll be interested to see how you do on that trip w/ boulder creek.
I'm booked for this year, looking at next November.

Kinda leaning towards Canada. Do you suppose those bigname outfits like Northway or Shockey are the place to go for your average, non-celebrity dude?

Steiny, both Northway and Shockey are the real deal....they could care less if you are Joe Farmer or Mr. Movie man.......they live for hunting and killin big critters, and love it equally as well when a client does......I don't think you could go wrong with either.

Back