Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Best Hunting Town in America

Great Answer

Great answer. Interesting.

Best hunting town....for me, Kamuela Hawaii. Nice and cool pasture land at 2,600 ft. Upland Bird hunting that surpasses your wildest dreams. Year-Round biggame hunting from sea level to 14,000 ft. No tags, no draws, and all for a $10 yearly license. That's where I plan on retiring. I can always fly back to the mainland to punch a premium tag in AZ, NM, or NV.

Is that a Pro-V your fishing out of?

Yes, it is Mrs. Fin's boat and she tells me where to tow it and where to launch it. She is too proud to fish out of a crappy boat. It is a 2025 Pro-V Magnum with a 225 Yamaha Four Stroke. If she invested is much in finding a good husband as she does her boats, she would be much further along in life.

She does let me drive, though. :eek:

My vote is for Sheridan, WY as well! Only cause I'm moving there next week! Finally getting back to Wyoming! No more do I have to pay over $300 for a deer tag! Or $600 for an elk tag!

Great Falls certainly doesn't spring to the front of my mind as a best place for a hunter to live. It's not horrible, but "best", that's pretty funny. Plus I think a lot depends on what an idividual hunter likes to hunt the most. If a person lives to hunt pheasants and upland birds the Dakotas would be the ticket. If elk are the top desired animal any one of several Western states would fill the bill. Big whitetails, Kansas. For really big critters, Alaska. If a guy is a hard-core predator hunter it's pretty tough to beat Arizona, Texas, or Nevada. For the guy that wants to hunt everything...marry Greenhorn. ;)

Go back to your coyote hunting:D

This thread has provided almost no useful information. You guys are as tight lipped as fisherman. This is a good thing. :D

Not trying to screw up the thread but any where in the U.S.A. I'm in germany for work and you can't hunt or fish with out the government saying if they will give you a lic. alot of money and school and belonging to shooting and fishing clubs and you may still be told NO. Thank God for what freedoms we have.

Not trying to screw up the thread but any where in the U.S.A. I'm in germany for work and you can't hunt or fish with out the government saying if they will give you a lic. alot of money and school and belonging to shooting and fishing clubs and you may still be told NO. Thank God for what freedoms we have.

Sometimes there's nothing like a healthy dose of perspective.

This i know . Been having to go over there couple weeks a year for last 10. It's funny all they ask about is NY city and i till them thats the last place i want to go.

I can sum this thread up by saying anywhere in the Big Horn Basin of Wyoming. Pick a town, any town. If you like big towns, go to Cody. If you like small towns, go to Hyattville. Something in between? Try Lovell, Greybull or Worland. No matter where you're at in the Basin, you'll be surrounded by tons of public land with plenty of critters to hunt. I've been a lot of places but have never seen any area that compares to where I live.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back