Best Hot Sauce

Crystal Lake is good. I use it for wings and such. As far as every day use, I just love Tabasco's green sauce. Adds a nice tangy flavor to everything. Not too hot, but perks things up a bit.
biggrin.gif
hump.gif

I'm a big fan of Louisiana Hot sauce. I put it on eggs,soups and just about everything. Its kinda hot but after a while it kills all your taste buds, thus making your wife and you happy with her cooking!
shhh.gif
wink.gif

I go tabasco on about everything I eat
tongue.gif
But a friend of mine makes a home made green and red sauce called black stocking hot sauce which is awesome. Gives it out at christmas to clients that he does stock work for. mmmmmm goooood
drool.gif
drool.gif
biggrin.gif

Happy trails

I like Chalula the best. I think it is more than just hot, it has a good flavor as well.
drool.gif

Going to try Dan T's Inferno Rasberry Chipotle Grilling Sauce today on some ribs.

Combining the sweetness of vine ripened raspberries with the smolder of mesquite roasted chipotle peppers, Dan T's Raspberry Chipotle Gourmet Grilling and Finishing Sauce brings two culinary worlds together with a decadent new flavor sensation that you'll warmly embrace.

Hoy Young Siriacha ( spelling )

It's what Chinese restaurants call "chili sauce"
It's made from pureed Koren hot peppers & garlic.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 01-11-2004 12:14: Message edited by: Anaconda ]</font>

I've pretty well burnt out my stomach from eating mass quantities of jalapenos over the years. When I do use hot sauce, it's Frank's. Little bit of spice, but a lot of flavor.

There is a small company in Tucson that makes a hot sauce called Poblano, not smoldering hot, but very flavorful and warm enough. Chalula is also good. Like Tobasco but a little to vinegary (doubt that is a word) and not really hot enough. Poblano rocks.

There's lots of hot sauce around here, but the best is usually the home made ones with fresh ingrediants at the Mexican restaurants here. They bring the chips and sauce to start, then we hurry up and order a cool drink.

Different sauces for different foods - Crystal, Tabasco (red and green), Tiger Sauce, Pickapeppa, La Victoria Salsa Brava or medium green taco sauce, Dave's Insanity Sauce, etc.

I have been a fan of hot sauces since I was a teen, and there are many good ones out there. I do feel that many of them have gone way overboard, When you are screaming for the ice cream the next day on the crapper, I think they have gone to far. I have tried some of the habenero hot sauces and they are ridiculously hot, when it burns your taste buds, how can a person enjoy that. Dave's insanity, is just that, insane. I tried that once, and it was a little drop, and I paid for it for 30 minutes. It took my breath away. I am no whimp, but that was just way too hot. Maybe I am not man enough to be here, so I will just go away. Bye (with tail between legs)

55 Dried chiles de arbol
1-1/2 Tablespoon Sesame seeds
2 Tablespoon Shelled pumpkinseeds-pepitas
1/4 Teaspoon Cumin seeds -or 1/4 Teaspoon Ground cumin
2 Cloves-or a big pinch ground
1 Teaspoon Dried oregano
1 Teaspoon Salt (scant)
2 Large Garlic cloves, peeled & roughly chopped
3/4 Cup Cider vinegar

Stem the chiles, then roll them between your thumb and fingers, pressing gently to loosen the seeds inside. Break in half, shake out as many seeds as possible, then place in a blender jar. Heat an ungreased skillet over medium-low. Measure in the sesame seeds and stir for several minutes as they brown and pop; scoop into the blender jar. Add the pumpkinseeds to the skillet. When the first one pops, stir constantly for several minutes, until all are golden and have popped up into a round shape. Pulverize the cumin, allspice and cloves in a mortar or spice grinder, then add to the blender jar along with the oregano, salt, garlic and vinegar. Blend for several minutes, until the mixture is orange-red and feels quite smooth when a drop is rubbed between your fingers. Strain through a medium-mesh sieve, working the solids back and forth and pressing them firmly; there will be a fair amount of chile seeds, skins, sesame hulls and other debris to discard, but be careful that there is nothing liquid trapped within them. Stir in 3/4 cup water, then pour into a bottle, cover and let stand for 24 hours before serving. Source: Authentic Mexican; Rick & Deann Groen Bayless. MM by Lyn.

or

1 pint glass jar
washed, blanched, habaneros
white vinegar

Fill the jar completely with peppers, then pour in vinegar to the very top. Seal the jar tightly with the lid. Refrigerate for a couple weeks. When ready to use punch two or three small holes in the lid and shake on food. Keep refrigerated.

or

Texas Pete!
biggrin.gif

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 01-12-2004 10:50: Message edited by: pawclaws ]</font>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back