Best Hot Sauce

There is a mexican food place in Kanab Utah and its called Nedra`s IMO they have the best hot sauce and salsa around, and i`m heading up there next month on a lion hunt, so i will eat there every night. mmmmm it make the best farts!

Gambels - yes, Dave's Insanity Sauce is too much for me, too - I put it in my post to see if anyone else had tried it. I put like 3 drops in a big bowl of chili, and it was inedible.
eek.gif
Unbelievable! And I like hot stuff.

Next time you have some that is too hot, add some carrot to it. The carrot will tame down the hot sace a little. I had a habenero sauce with carrot in it that was just about right. Almost to the point of being way too hot. Didn't need very much to spice up everything.

paws, what store do you get all that at? Is it all Kroger brand?
wink.gif
tongue.gif

I usually make my own....whether "Fire Breather" special...or my version or "Raspberries Inferno Dipping Sauce" made with fresh raspberries prepared into a glaze, with the juice of fresh habernero peppers added for zing. Great for dipping jalapeno poppers.

Incidentally, if you have a cold or are taking one, eating a big batch of hot stuff prepared with as hot a peppers as you can stand will sometimes help you get over the congestion part of it and lessen the severity. Works as a natural decongestant.

-RW-

I've always found childbirth a pleasure!
wink.gif
(Well at least the first stages of it!)
eek.gif
"paws, what store do you get all that at? Is it all Kroger brand? "
Naw Elkie, I use my own home growns as much as possible then pick up the remainder at the farmer's market!
biggrin.gif
Hey, you guys, Rogue Warrior has a buddy that makes a salsa mix and markets it. It's pretty good stuff and all you do is spin it around a few tomatoes! Ask him about it!!
biggrin.gif

Thanks, Paws...glad you liked it well enough to mention it. The website is: http://www.hotsalsa.biz/ It is available in at least three levels of warmth. I usually use the Wildfire Salsa Mix in the mild configuration and mix about 2-3 tablespoonsful to a 14.5 ounce can of either Mexican Tomatoes, or Diced Tomatoes with Green Chili (I use the store brand; Safeway here). Allow mixture to sit for about half an hour to get the flavors going. If you want it hotter, you can order Wildfire Fireflakes from the site to really make things sizzle! These are dry ingredients and non-perishable...so they are perfect for camping trips as well.

Want to make some scrumpdelicious steaks with a southwestern flare? Mix a couple of tablespoons of the salsa mix with half a cup of vinegar (or red cooking wine), let sit for half hour. Then add 1/4 cup of corn oil or olive oil, shake well and use as a marinade for steak. Cook steaks on the grill to your taste and enjoy!

-RW-

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back