Yeti GOBOX Collection

Best Game Meat??

Top of list is debateable but the lowest is always mature mountain mulies!

Only big spring bears(meat flavored gum) can compete...

fried quail hands down with mashed taters, biscuits & gravy for the win. tied for close 2nd: seasoned and battered turkey breast fillets deep fried. med rare grilled caribou and elk T-loin. next level fried squirrel & rabbit, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, frog legs, pheasant, aoudad, wild pig, mulie, turtle, never tried sheep, goat, moose but they're on my bucket list

Moose and then Antelope. My buddy just got an axis deer and says it is better than our moose. Can't wait to try axis and jackrabbit.

Among birds, turkey is my favorite. I prefer elk over deer unless it’s a corn-fed fawn. Antelope is unique enough it’s hard to compare to other meats, and it’s one of my favorites. I look forward to trying moose someday based on how good most everyone says it is.

I would have to put moose at the top of my list for big game meat. I've killed two in Montana over the last 40 years. It is to me, better than any of the elk meat I've taken. Both of those are well above deer.

Far enough that I have not killed a deer in a long long time. I still buy a tag,,just in case. But it goes unused, year after year.

Pronghorn,, I've had really good and pretty bad,,,so they are lumped in with deer for me.

Upland birds,, huns are as great on the table as they are fun in the field.

Mallard ducks,, I killed close to fifty of them one fall way back in the day. I liked them especially cold, sliced for a sandwich.

PS: A friend and I bought a hind quarter of bison from the FWP when they did the killing of YNP bison. That was damn good also.

Pan-fried Squirrel is my favorite game meat so far but I haven't tried a lot of the game meats I plan to hunt/eat in the future.

Haven’t tried moose yet, but I’d say swiftly consumed pronghorn >young squirrel>elk>deer>6 month old pronghorn>old squirrel

Attachments

• B3A44261-49ED-4085-9A72-27B6E3A583D4.jpeg
    B3A44261-49ED-4085-9A72-27B6E3A583D4.jpeg
    687.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 36CFFA5A-8D0B-40A1-9401-A32AEE07E023.jpeg
    36CFFA5A-8D0B-40A1-9401-A32AEE07E023.jpeg
    626.4 KB · Views: 6
  • F697D116-9ED0-4CB8-8D0B-3DEA3AC6C4E4.jpeg
    F697D116-9ED0-4CB8-8D0B-3DEA3AC6C4E4.jpeg
    812.7 KB · Views: 6
I'm with madtom. I just can't tell the difference between any of it. I almost always have Wyoming antelope and whitetail deer/mule deer in my freezer. Usually have some deer from here in Washington, either blacktail or mule deer. And not every year, but often I have elk in the freezer. It's all the same to me. Younger animals of course are usually more tender. But taste wise I can't tell what I'm eating. I'm assuming some people just have a much better sense of taste than I do.

I have only had pronghorn burger twice. I believe it was good... But I am really surprised how many people haveit tops their list. I want to try it again

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back