Best Fresh Tracks scene ever...according to my kids

rookhawk

Randy hooked my kids with one scene for non-trophy elk awhile ago. They started trimming up the animal next to a fire when they got the idea to cook some elk on a hot rock.

According to some fanatical young outdoors people in my straw poll, that was the coolest thing Randy has ever done on any episode!

Clearly, my children aren't Vegan.

R.K.

I thought the best scene was when Randy sat on a cactus in Nevada.

Or when Bart chastised Randy for chasing grouse on an elk hunt.

matt0550

So I did this quite awhile ago with some whitetail sort of just off-the-cuff as I was going to pack my buck out because I was so far back in the timber and beaver ponds. I made a nice little fire pit with rocks that were right there and had one decent sized piece of slate. Had the fire going just to keep warm and to re-warm my hands while I worked and I got HUNGRY. took a whole tenderloin and moved that hot piece of slate so it was level and out of the ashes and popped the loin right onto it - it sizzled and cooked in about 4 minutes. Only trouble was the amount of meat I lost that stuck to the rock and wouldnt release without scraping it with my knife - I dulled the blade pretty good out of my greed to get every morsel of meat off that rock.

rwc101

I like when Randy stopped a hunt to grab a shotgun to pop a grouse out of a tree. Guy has his priorities straight.

Blaser270

Ok say what you will; this is a thread about FAVORITE scenes. I developed a soft spot for Uncle Larry. Love his dimeanor and gentle nature.

Gerald Martin

Not to derail the thread, but I've never found freshly killed meat to be as tender as when you let the rigor go out of it overnight. I've tried fresh from the kill meat a couple times after butchering or packing and always found it very chewy. Now, I prefer to have the celebratory in camp T-loin meal the following morning for breakfast.