Best day yet!

DHaffner

So I've been blessed to have some great fishing trips already this year,
CIMG0498.jpg

CIMG0571.jpg

IMG956295-1.jpg

CIMG0549.jpg

but last Saturday was by far my best to date. After working Saturday my sweetie suggested we try taking my 18 month old out for a ride in the boat for the first time. It was mid 80's and totally calm so I agreed hoping for the best. Sure enough he was like a fish to water, and made himself right at home in the boat and even let me assist him in catching his first fish! Check out the video...

http://youtu.be/ABplJkOMQM4

DHaffner,

Enjoy those times...seems like yesterday and now my oldest is getting ready to leave the nest! Awesome video! I remember the days of a new bride and the youngest in the boat catching eyes!

When I saw DHaffner was posting about his best day yet I knew I was going to have fish jealousy. Those are some great fish and a great video with the family! Mid 80s in SD already? I don't need it that warm, but some of that heat would be nice, we're still having some pretty frosty mornings.

Thanks guys, I was pretty excited. We could sure use some frosty mornings, we have had waaay too many days in the 80s this spring. Crabgrass is way too close.

Congrats! What's a paddlefish taste like? The one year I went in MT, the quota had already been reached so it was snag and release only. It was a fun couple of days dragging those things in though. The F&G were on site measuring and tagging fish for future data collection.

That was a cool video.I'd love to do some fishing out there sometime.Walleye are as scarce as bigfoot in my area.And, we don't even have spoonbill.Mostly small largemouths and trout in my area

Back