Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

best colorado over the counter unit for archery

I’m going coyote hunting all day when I started my truck I 100% said “how stupid I?” View attachment 265147View attachment 265148
If it makes you feel any better I’m laying in a cargo trailer at -2 with condensation dripping down on face while I wait for the propane heaters to warm this bitch up so I can get out of the sleeping bag.

I live for these in Jan and Feb
Duck hunter Id check older posts and see about some added info. without adding to your question your gona get some interesting comments just due to folks stopping by asking a question or 2 and then doing a Houdini act Happens every yr
If you know where to look elk are in every unit its better to go into a unit for a few yrs and learn what the elk do in said unit than going to unit after unit looking for the Holy Grail
I saw you were out west last fall might have just missed elk by a week or a few miles

I was raised in Colorado lived there for 35 years (I moved to MT 6 years ago, go back every year to hunt with friends, won't hunt it again until I draw a limited tag). I started archery hunting in 1996 in over the counter units and spent most of my adult life guiding and hunting there. I've killed 13 archery bulls and guided another 60 or so 3/4 of those were OTC. Unfortunately all of my stomping grounds are now limited draw if I had to give advice the best I can say is find a wilderness unit with some limited rifle tags to thin the pressure and go full send deep. E-scout and then put boots in your chosen area before your hunt. Good luck and shoot straight.
Best advice so far.....

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back