PEAX Equipment

best colorado over the counter unit for archery

Considering my advice was sincere and the fact that this isn't your post asking the question how do you know it's not helpful. Sorry I didn't throw out any honey holes or secret spots but elk hunting and especially successful elk hunting takes work before during and after season. Newsflash almost all of Colorado's remaining OTC units have the same elk numbers and the same amount of public land. Truthfully any units and drainages thrown out here are no secret pick one you like that is close to places you either like or want to be put in some serious effort. If it doesn't work don't piss in the wind and move on.
Think ya missed the point. Did the OP deserve any help with that detailed, well-researched question?

Alright so here is some real advice.

1. Find a master class on escouting offered by the various insta famous and influencers. Draw an otc elk unit number from a hat.
2. Following the escouting course recommendations come up with spots A-z.
3. Now realize every other newbie, wannabe, moron has probably picked those exact spots as well. Trash those spots.
4. What’s left? Let’s call those garbage spots. These are the real gems, steep, dark timber hell holes that no one in their right mind would want to enter. That’s where the elk will be.

Good luck
But wait! What if even a quarter of those poor saps from #3 had the same realization and moved on to step 4? Now you're extra screwed. See what I just did there? :D

Go find actual elk. Kill them. That's the only right answer here.

But wait! What if even a quarter of those poor saps from #3 had the same realization and moved on to step 4? Now you're extra screwed. See what I just did there? :D

Go find actual elk. Kill them. That's the only right answer here.
You mean step by step instructions don’t work in elk hunting? 😂😂Dang it. Well back to the drawing board for me I guess

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bonasababy
Back