Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Best camp coffee ever!!!!

Duck-Slayer

15-18 years I’ve been backpacking. I finally figured out the perfect coffee. Take any instant coffee you prefer add the instant Starbucks instant white chocolate mocha latte to it. As little or as much as you want. I prefer about a 1/4 of the package in a 12oz. Serving of instant coffee! For some reason it’s really really good. Don’t knock it until you try it! I spent 25 days so far in a tent in the backcountry and this was one of the best things since dry down bags!
Matt
B501A2A9-71AF-4268-AEA4-7F501A68E489.jpeg

The drawback to camping is lack of refridgeration. Can't beat the coffee but evolved into some home-made creamer that has a base of heavy whipping cream, sweetened condensed mike, instant coffee, vanilla and almond extract topped off with a pint of brandy/whiskey. Makes getting up worth doing. However needs to be refridgerated in a brown jug.

And I was excited opening this thread thinking I'd have a new coffee to try. Meh.... not following this thread 🤣

Hunting camp for me is an opportunity to enjoy but some of the things I don't typically eat at home. Among those would be things such as canned corned beef hash or Spam. Likewise, while camping i prefer to brew my coffee in a manner i don't do at home. Sometimes that means old fashioned cowboy coffee. But more often I use a percolator just as most people did when I was growing up. Coffee prepared the old way has simply become a part of my camping tradition.

7CDA0213-67DD-48D7-B5D8-D05D7F93AAE0.jpeg
You are close. I carry a couple of packets of this in my pack and an empty water bottle (8 oz) which I fill from my water bottle/bladder.
It helps keep the headaches at bay in the afternoons. I don’t care if it is hot or not...must have coffee.

In camp we now use a manual Keurig press. The best thing since sliced bread.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chamoy
Back