Best bow sight

Hookedonelk

I am in the market for a new sight for my bow, spent some hours on the web searching and decided I would ask the experts!!! I live in Wisconsin and have a 4 pin fixed sight, wondering what works best in the west for elk hunting. I was looking into a yardage adjustable sight, do those who have them like them, any thoughts/ recommendations?

I use a single pin adjustable sight. HHA Optimizer. I have for years and really enjoy it. When hunting in Wisconsin, I leave it at a set distance do to our style of hunting. When hunting in the West for elk I set it for a distance I 'expect ' the elk to be within. Then if I need to adjust it I will. Lots of good adjustables out there. PS HHA made in Wisconsin and has great customer service. Just my $ .02

I use the Spott Hogg fast eddie XL its a great sight with the two pin option. Meaning it is a adjustable single pin, but has a second pin reading after you set your yardage tape. That would give you a single pin adjustment with a backup pin if they move out a little. If I'm shooting my main pin at 30yds. my second pin will be at 50 yds. that varies with bow speed etc..
This sight is on the heavy side though. Like I said I love mine!

I use the Spott Hogg Hunter 5 pin. My first pin is set at 20 and then 10 yards thereafter up to 60 yards. I have no complaints with the sight

I use a single pin adjustable sight. HHA Optimizer. I have for years and really enjoy it. When hunting in Wisconsin, I leave it at a set distance do to our style of hunting. When hunting in the West for elk I set it for a distance I 'expect ' the elk to be within. Then if I need to adjust it I will. Lots of good adjustables out there. PS HHA made in Wisconsin and has great customer service. Just my $ .02
+1
g.png

If you like your sight, set the pins for 30, 40, 50, 60 and hold high for 70 when you go elk hunting.

If it aint broke.

i went to the trophy ridge react from a spot hog 3 pin, sight in 20, and turn a dial to set ur 30 and it sights in the 40 50 and 60 all by itself. may sound cheap or the easy way but the damn thing works great. i shoot 2+- days a week in winter and 5+ in summer and its spot on.

Have always used the MBG 5 pin, which has been pretty bomb proof. Would like to move to a dial system, and may give the Option Archery 4s sight a try this this year, anyone have any experience with this site?

Black gold 3 pin/slider. 20,30,40 and dial out to 100... by far the best setup ive used. If you need to dial, usually you have enough time to range and send it when past 50+ yards

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back