Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Bergara B14 & Bell and Carlson

rtraverdavis

Has anyone tried dropping a B14 barreled action into a Bell and Carlson fitted for Remington 700? The B14’s action is supposed to be a 700 clone, so I think it might work, but I’ve wondered if the barrel contour might be different enough cause problems. I love my B14 but I’m not crazy about the stock. Curious if anyone has experience with this.

The other option is Grayboe. I put a B14 Ridge in a Grayboe Terrain and Ridgeback.

The other option is Grayboe. I put a B14 Ridge in a Grayboe Terrain and Ridgeback.
I’ve looked at those as well. Did you pay all the extras to have it made for the B14? It annoys me that there are all those extra costs to have Grayboe fit the stock for a Bergara, when it’s almost identical to a 700.

No, I didn't pay extra. When I bought mine, there weren't options for Bergara. Just Remington 700s. I haven't looked in a while, but if you're selecting a custom inlet, the menu might be charging you for it, but it's not necessary. It really is just a 700 clone, and will drop in. It will most likely benefit from a glass bedding job, but you can always do that later, as it might shoot lights-out as it sits in there.

What model of B-14 are you working with? If it's anything other than a standard Hunter, you'll most likely need a varmint profile barrel channel. That goes for both B&C and Grayboe.

My B-14 Hunter .308 dropped into an HS Precision stock with only minor sanding of the channel required just in front of the lug. Shoots very well. Never fired it in the OEM stock, though there isn't anything really wrong with it. I just wanted a shorter LOP.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back