Yeti GOBOX Collection

benelli

corndog1

I have been looking at the benelli Cordoba 12 gauge and noticed it has ports on the end of the barrel. Does anyone have experience with this gun? I'm thinking those ports might make the gun a little loud for others in the duck blind any thoughts ?

Not sure about the Córdoba, but I’ve been shooting a m2 for many years now and it’s been a really solid gun for everything from doves to pheasants to ducks to turkeys.

I have an older Super Black Eagle- it is ported and it is a bit on the loud side in the duck blind. Does get attention for sure. Awesome gun and never any issues with it.

M2 is a great value - will shoot forever, easy maintenance/cleaning. Have several and even though my Berettas are fancier, they don't get to play in the field nearly as often as my M2s.

Last edited:
I've had an M1 since '00. Replaced recoil spring with a stainless version and no problems since. BTW, it gets treated like shit.

I've had an M1 since '00. Replaced recoil spring with a stainless version and no problems since. BTW, it gets treated like shit.

Same goes for my sbe 1 & sbe 2. Never let me down, I use a ported hevi metal choke and so do others I hunt with, it will definitely ring your ears if you are close to the muzzle.

I really like the simplicity of my M1, SBE2, and Legacy. The inertia drive is like the Kalashnikov of the shotgun world. The Córdoba has the “inline inertia drive” system, that I don’t like nearly as much, seems less tough to me. A friend of mine has a Córdoba, it is a great upland / sporting clays gun, but he doesn’t like it for waterfowling.

An extra loud report might be just what a waterfowl hunter and his dog need to wake them up from the boredom of sitting in a blind waiting for a duck to fly over:D
2 Benelli's in our safe - good tools.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back