MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Benelli Super Black Eagle

coleslaw

Anybody here have one or used one? Looking for a new semi-auto for upland hunting. I've been looking at different manufacturers, including Franchi and Berretta, but the SB3 just feels the best.
I know they are marketed more towards the waterfowl crowd (which I am not), so wondering if anyone has any input before I consider purchasing one.

I did like the feel of the Franchi Elite Upland too, but the SB3 edges it out for me despite the little bit of extra weight. I also looked at the Montefeltro, but the rib was too low for me.

I couldn't justify the price difference between the Franchi and the SBE, so I went with the Franchi Affinity. I haven't run many rounds through it, but so far so good!

Had one and I liked it. Got a Winchester SX3 ( now they have the 4 I think) and liked it better. Swung better and I liked the sight picture better. Its also smoking fast.

Its made by Brownign ,which is made by Beretta or however it goes. I have never had a jam shootng different shells, mixing them. 3",3,5 and 2 3/4

I had an SBE2 that I got a good deal on. I don’t do much waterfowl and never 3.5 inch shells. It was picky about some lighter (dove) loads. I got rid of it for a 20 gauge m2, it’s been about as good of an all around gun as I’ve had. My wingmasters are still my favorites but sometimes it’s nice to be fast and not worry about the wood

I've had and shot a few by far my favorite shotgun. I would probably opt for the m2 or the affinity as mentioned above to save some money if you want. Otherwise great gun. M2 is virtually the same with a 3" chamber.
I personally don't see the need for 3.5" gun. I've killed 100s of geese, and have never thought I needed a 3.5" gun!

I have one that is a 1990's I believe and another that I bought five or so years ago. I love them and have never had an issue. Every Labor Day I start by shooting 3.5" shells on resident geese and then shoot dove loads in the afternoon. No adjustments...flawless.

I borrowed one once to finish a round of clays. I shot it well enough (actually very well) but don't care for the recoil or long action. 3.5" shotguns don't point well for me. This business of making waterfowl shotguns lighter makes no sense to me.

Anybody here have one or used one? Looking for a new semi-auto for upland hunting. I've been looking at different manufacturers, including Franchi and Berretta, but the SB3 just feels the best.
I know they are marketed more towards the waterfowl crowd (which I am not), so wondering if anyone has any input before I consider purchasing one.

I did like the feel of the Franchi Elite Upland too, but the SB3 edges it out for me despite the little bit of extra weight. I also looked at the Montefeltro, but the rib was too low for me.
If you don't care about 3 1/2 shells don't count out the ole M2.

These are just my opinions so take it for what it is :

find an SBE 2 or get a Montefeltro, I've put over 20,000 rounds through my circa 2008 or 09 sb2 from years of trap league & waterfowl hunting all over the country. Spent many springs laying in muddy corn fields chasing snow geese and helping a friend with some spring guiding. Majority of the camo has wore off and the only thing i have replaced were wore out springs. Only cleaned it once or twice a year and never lubed it and it just keeps going. Was able to see every kind of shotgun from our clients in the spring and saw issues in almost all of them except the sb2's.

I have a SBE and cant complain. Comes up like my remington and winchesters, feels right, sight is dead on. Shoots pheasants, ducks, geese, grouse, and pig. I got chokes for each situation. No issues, cycles everything ive fed it down to -20*. Thats where it impressed me. If semi’s function in the extreme cold, its a keeper.

I bought an SBE3 20 gauge last fall for upland and turkey. It swings well and carries light but be prepared for it to shoot quite high a pattern. Mine was close to 90-10 out of the box. Got it down to 70-30ish with the largest stock shim inserted. I like it but would probably buy the M2 20 gauge if I had it to do over again.

I bought an SBE3 20 gauge last fall for upland and turkey. It swings well and carries light but be prepared for it to shoot quite high a pattern. Mine was close to 90-10 out of the box. Got it down to 70-30ish with the largest stock shim inserted. I like it but would probably buy the M2 20 gauge if I had it to do over again.
Try adding a slipon recoil pad. That should bring it down to 50/50.

You can get a 3" SBE to make it a wee bit lighter. Or an M2 which is very similar in design. I have the SBE, my son has an M2. He had a Winchester SX3 and in his opinion, there is no comparison between them. The SX3 has given him all kinds of problems. My .02

M2 all day. As @JLS can attest I'm of firm believer in the law of averages, if you spray enough lead, eventually one of the buggers will die.
I was actually quite entertaining looking back, he with his great pointer and old 16 ga sxs, and me without a dog, running like a crazy man spraying shots as fast as my auto could unload them.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back