Benelli LUPO rifles

SkipperRipper

Does anyone here have one? If so, how do you like it so far?

It's hard to find feedback on these probably because of being so new and quite a high price tag. I've watched a few videos on it and there is absolutely no other rifle that has the adaptable features and customized fit to the shooter that the LUPO does right out of the box. A flush fit 5-round, drop out magazine because of the way the bolt is designed. GENIUS. Looking at their website and what's included, I believe it is a fair price tag for what you get.

I'm still a bit on the fence as I'm not sure if I want to sell an old rifle in exchange for this or not.

I know most people say it's ugly, but it's 2020. I say it looks innovative and fine to my eyes.

Most people want to hate new guns before really looking into what you get.

Interesting features. For the price it's gonna be a difficult sell given the host of extremely well made and proven solid rifles with a lower price points. Not sure how many they will sell but I can see collectors jumping on it just to own something new and different. Ugly is in the eye of the beholder. I personally am not a fan. I would like to hear from someone who owns one myself. Would be interesting to hear from an experienced rifleman how it compares to other rifles they have owned. I am sure this will come soon enough as more folks get ahold of them.

It'll sell well, Benelli has a pretty rabid following. I'm just leery of a first model from a manufacturer's first foray into a market. It won't win a beauty pageant, but it looks like a rifle built for an SBE owner.

First look I think it looks like a decent rifle. Then I see the price tag and wonder why it's worth twice as much as a Tikka? Spend a little more and you could almost get a custom gun. No stainless or left hand models... Yes the sbe owners will hop on the train with their Sitka waterfowl jacket but I don't think it'll do very well.

First look I think it looks like a decent rifle. Then I see the price tag and wonder why it's worth twice as much as a Tikka? Spend a little more and you could almost get a custom gun. No stainless or left hand models... Yes the sbe owners will hop on the train with their Sitka waterfowl jacket but I don't think it'll do very well.

I would suggest to look at its features and read some reviews. It is loaded with customizable options for the shooter. Not something you would find in a rifle half the price.

Also sub moa guarantee

I would suggest to look at its features and read some reviews. It is loaded with customizable options for the shooter. Not something you would find in a rifle half the price.

Also sub moa guarantee
Tikkas are sub moa guaranteed. Also have "fancy" recoil pads, are available left handed, have adjustable triggers, and are half the price. The only thing the Tikka doesn't have is the ability to put a shim in to change the angle of the stock... You can buy a new stock that's custom fit to you and still come in well under the benelli price tag.

I just helped my dad pick out a new Tikka, stainless left handed for 850$. Built on a sako action whose been making rifles since 1921... For just joining the rifle game they're not charging like they're new.

Last edited:
Tikkas are sub moa guaranteed. Also have "fancy" recoil pads, are available left handed, have adjustable triggers, and are half the price. The only thing the Tikka doesn't have is the ability to put a shim in to change the angle of the stock... You can buy a new stock that's custom fit to you and still come in well under the benelli price tag.

I just helped my dad pick out a new Tikka, stainless left handed for 850$. Built on a sako action whose been making rifles since 1921... For just joining the rifle game they're not charging like they're new.
I have a T3X Lite in 270win. I like it. I don't love it.

It'll sell well, Benelli has a pretty rabid following. I'm just leery of a first model from a manufacturer's first foray into a market. It won't win a beauty pageant, but it looks like a rifle built for an SBE owner.

Owned by Beretta, been manufacturing guns since the 1500s. I think they know what they're doing.

Just picked one up in 300 win mag.

It is definitely ugly, but:

The quality is OUTSTANDING, it feels like what I paid for it

I love where the safety is located

The action of the bolt is like buttery glass

The buttstock adjustability is almost endless and Benelli provides everything you need to change it

The ergonomics feel very nice. The angle and grip around the trigger is perfect. Natural. Almost makes me wonder why rifle makers couldn't think of this sooner.

Comes with a 2-piece picatinny rail already installed

Trigger is excellent, but I only dry fired it a few times

Slightly bummed it doesn't have bolt lock feature when loaded

I already put the APA gen2 little bastard on and eventually I'll be putting some VX5HD glass on top of it and once I shoot it in, I'll report back here
20210108_224651.jpg

I own a Benelli Lupo in a 308 caliber and I will say it is a bit expensive! But what a great rifle. I holds a nickel size group a 100 yards all day long! It’s wicked light, comfortable, loaded with features and so far tough as nails! I thought it was a bit ugly at first but it grew on me in no time and it’s 2021 let’s face it the old styling of firearms is long gone. If you hunt in the mountains or do a lot of hiking to find big racks like I do in the Adirondacks you will love carrying a rifle like this in the woods. Huge Fan!

Just picked one up in 300 win mag.

It is definitely ugly, but:

The quality is OUTSTANDING, it feels like what I paid for it

I love where the safety is located

The action of the bolt is like buttery glass

The buttstock adjustability is almost endless and Benelli provides everything you need to change it

The ergonomics feel very nice. The angle and grip around the trigger is perfect. Natural. Almost makes me wonder why rifle makers couldn't think of this sooner.

Comes with a 2-piece picatinny rail already installed

Trigger is excellent, but I only dry fired it a few times

Slightly bummed it doesn't have bolt lock feature when loaded

I already put the APA gen2 little bastard on and eventually I'll be putting some VX5HD glass on top of it and once I shoot it in, I'll report back here
View attachment 169271
Almost no figure in the stock, though...;)

SBE?

Almost forgot I started this thread. I've had the Lupo out to the range 3 times now. This rifle is nothing short of excellent. The comfort of shooting this 300wm is second to none. That could be a combination of the way the butt stock is built and the APA LB brake I have on it. The brake is LOUD but sure as hell reduces tons of recoil. What I like most about it is the accuracy. It's almost unbelievable and anyone would think I'm shooting custom loaded rounds even though I've put nothing but factory ammo through it. Once I got it dialed in, I've never shot groups as tiny as this rifle shoots. It literally makes me look like a competition shooter. I'm not exaggerating.

It's that damn good. I'm impressed so far.

Benelli did it right the first time.

IMG_20210419_171140007.jpg

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back