Beef Tenderloin-help me out

Agree with the rest to be very simplistic on spices. We rarely do beef tenderloins, but when I do - Rub it with a halved garlic clove on all sides, generously Salt it, some pepper and a dusting of Smoked Paprika. Sear in cast iron (high smoke point as VG pointed out), finish to 130-135 in the oven (or reverse sear). Rest. When you think it's rested long enough, give it another 5 minutes.

Since Tenderloin doesn't have a ton of flavor, I find Sauce to be very important. My go-to base is basically a standard French Red wine sauce. Google will turn up a crapload of them, but Shallots, Butter, Beef Stock, Red Wine, Thyme - reduce, then add back to the pan you cooked the roast in after deglazing with another splash of broth.

This is what I use for most of my main bbq. Local seasoning.

I love Malcolm's stuff. He has some of the best bbq sauce that you can buy. I've always said you know his stuff is good, because you know you can trust a fat cook.
I haven't tried his sauce but I've used pretty much all of his seasonings. Any of his recipes I've tried have been nothing short of amazing.

Back