Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Beef short ribs

Paging @WildWill or anyone else who has some input. I've got some beef short ribs going in in the morning and I could use some tips...first time doing these.
Sorry brother hunting aoudad currently poor reception. Looks like you trimmed them well and got them seasoned. Make sure you wrap them halfway through or once you think they have enough color with butcher paper or foil. Your looking for a internal temp of 200+ but more important is the feel. When the probe slides in like butter they're done pull and let rest 30-60 minutes. Looks like a good set of ribs damn now I'm hungry and this freeze dried stuff ain't cutting it.20230120_131105.jpg

cook them way low and way slow, l think when l did some over the summer l smoked them at around 200 for about 7 hours and they were incredible.
Exactly this, if you've got the time, low and slow, the ribs will let you know when they're done. I love doing long smokes on my traeger. Slap those babies on and go do a chore or two for a couple hours, check heat and brush with apple cider vinegar/honey mixture once every hour or two. I finish with just a slight brush of sauce at 350 for the last thirty minutes

Sorry brother hunting aoudad currently poor reception. Looks like you trimmed them well and got them seasoned. Make sure you wrap them halfway through or once you think they have enough color with butcher paper or foil. Your looking for a internal temp of 200+ but more important is the feel. When the probe slides in like butter they're done pull and let rest 30-60 minutes. Looks like a good set of ribs damn now I'm hungry and this freeze dried stuff ain't cutting it.View attachment 261591
Thanks, looking forward to the recap.

This was so yummy. I didn't trim the fat because I am lazy (and fat). It was rich and amazing. I used the instant pot method and it was so easy.
We had this for dinner tonight. So good. My kids even ate it. Big dollop of kimchi in the middle and I was in heaven.

Thanks for posting.

Back