bedtime story

BuzzH

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 9, 2001
Messages
13,917
Location
Laramie, WY
Lots of truth in this.

BEDTIME STORY
Q: Daddy, why did we have to attack Iraq?
A: Because they had weapons of mass destruction, dear.

Q: But the inspectors didn't find any weapons of mass destruction.
A: That's because the Iraqis were hiding them.

Q: And that's why we invaded Iraq?
A: Yep. Invasions always work better than inspections.

Q: But after we invaded them, we STILL didn't find any weapons of mass
destruction, did we?
A: That's because the weapons are so well hidden. Don't worry, we'll
find something, probably right before the 2004 election.

Q: Why did Iraq want all those weapons of mass destruction?
A: To use them in a war, silly.

Q: I'm confused. If they had all those weapons that they planned to use in a war, then why didn't they use any of those weapons when we went to war with them?
A: Well, obviously they didn't want anyone to know they had those weapons, so they chose to die by the thousands rather than defend themselves.

Q: That doesn't make sense, Daddy. Why would they choose to die if they had all those big weapons to fight us back with?
A: It's a different culture. It's not supposed to make sense.

Q: I don't know about you, but I don't think they had any of those weapons our government said they did.
A: Well, you know, it doesn't matter whether or not they had those weapons. We had another good reason to invade them anyway.

Q: And what was that?
A: Even if Iraq didn't have weapons of mass destruction, Saddam Hussein was a cruel dictator, which is another good reason to invade another country.

Q: Why? What does a cruel dictator do that makes it OK to invade hiscountry?
A: Well, for one thing, he tortured his own people.

Q: Kind of like what they do in China?
A: Don't go comparing China to Iraq. China is a good economic
competitor, where millions of people work for slave wages in sweatshops to make U.S.
corporations richer.

Q: So if a country lets its people be exploited for American corporate gain, it's a good country, even if that country tortures people?
A: Right.

Q: Why were people in Iraq being tortured?
A: For political crimes, mostly, like criticizing the government. People who
criticized the government in Iraq were sent to prison and tortured.

Q: Isn't that exactly what happens in China?
A: I told you, China is different.

Q: What's the difference between China and Iraq?
A: Well, for one thing, Iraq was ruled by the Ba'ath party, while China is Communist.

Q: Didn't you once tell me Communists were bad?
A: No, just Cuban Communists are bad.

Q: How are the Cuban Communists bad?
A: Well, for one thing, people who criticize the government in Cuba are sent to prison and tortured.

Q: Like in Iraq?
A: Exactly.

Q: And like in China, too?
A: I told you, China's a good economic competitor. Cuba, on the other hand,is not.

Q: How come Cuba isn't a good economic competitor?
A: Well, you see, back in the early 1960s, our government passed some laws that made it illegal for Americans to trade or do any business with Cuba until they stopped being Communists and started being capitalists like
us.
> >
Q: But if we got rid of those laws, opened up trade with Cuba, and started doing business with them, wouldn't that help the Cubans become capitalists?
A: Don't be a smart-ass.

Q: I didn't think I was being one.
A: Well, anyway, they also don't have freedom of religion in Cuba.

Q: Kind of like China and the Falun Gong movement?
A: I told you, stop saying bad things about China. Anyway, Saddam
Hussein came to power through a military coup, so he's not really a legitimate leader anyway.
> >
Q: What's a military coup?
A: That's when a military general takes over the government of a country by force, instead of holding free elections like we do in the United States.
> >
Q: Didn't the ruler of Pakistan come to power by a military coup?
A: You mean General Pervez Musharraf? Uh, yeah, he did, but Pakistan is our friend.
> >
Q: Why is Pakistan our friend if their leader is illegitimate?
A: I never said Pervez Musharraf was illegitimate.
> >
Q: Didn't you just say a military general who comes to power by forcibly overthrowing the legitimate government of a nation is an illegitimate leader?
A: Only Saddam Hussein. Pervez Musharraf is our friend, because he helped us invade Afghanistan.
> >
Q: Why did we invade Afghanistan?
A: Because of what they did to us on September 11th.
> >
Q: What did Afghanistan do to us on September 11th?
A: Well, on September 11th, nineteen men, Fifteen of them Saudi Arabians, hijacked four airplanes and flew three of them into buildings, killing over 3,000 Americans.
> >
Q: So how did Afghanistan figure into all that?
A: Afghanistan was where those bad men trained, under the oppressive rule of the Taliban.
> >
Q: Aren't the Taliban those bad radical Islamics who chopped off people's heads and hands?
A: Yes, that's exactly who they were. Not only did they chop off people's heads and hands, but they oppressed women, too.
> >
Q: Didn't the Bush administration give the Taliban 43 million dollars back in May of 2001?
A: Yes, but that money was a reward because they did such a good job fighting drugs.
> >
Q: Fighting drugs?
A: Yes, the Taliban were very helpful in stopping people from growing opium poppies.
> >
Q: How did they do such a good job?
A: Simple. If people were caught growing opium poppies, the Taliban would have their hands and heads cut off.
> >
Q: So, when the Taliban cut off people's heads and hands for growing flowers, that was OK, but not if they cut people's heads and hands off for other reasons?
A: Yes. It's OK with us if radical Islamic fundamentalists cut off people's hands for growing flowers, but it's cruel if they cut off people's hands for stealing bread.
> >
Q: Don't they also cut off people's hands and heads in Saudi Arabia?
A: That's different. Afghanistan was ruled by a tyrannical patriarchy that oppressed women and forced them to wear burqas whenever they were in public, with death by stoning as the penalty for women who did not comply.
> >
Q: Don't Saudi women have to wear burqas in public, too?
A: No, Saudi women merely wear a traditional Islamic body covering.
> >
Q: What's the difference?
A: The traditional Islamic covering worn by Saudi women is a modest yet fashionable garment that covers all of a woman's body except for her eyes and fingers. The burqa, on the other hand, is an evil tool of
patriarchal oppression that covers all of a woman's body except for her eyes and
fingers.
> >
Q: It sounds like the same thing with a different name.
A: Now, don't go comparing Afghanistan and Saudi Arabia. The Saudis are our friends.
> >
Q: But I thought you said 15 of the 19 hijackers on September 11th were from Saudi Arabia.
A: Yes, but they trained in Afghanistan.
> >
Q: Who trained them?
A: A very bad man named Osama bin Laden.
> >
Q: Was he from Afghanistan?
A: Uh, no, he was from Saudi Arabia too. But he was a bad man, a very bad man.
> >
Q: I seem to recall he was our friend once.
A: Only when we helped him and the mujahadeen repel the Soviet invasion of
Afghanistan back in the 1980s.
> >
Q: Who are the Soviets? Was that the Evil Communist Empire Ronald Reagan talked about?
A: There are no more Soviets. The Soviet Union broke up in 1990 or thereabouts, and now they have elections and capitalism like us. We call them Russians now.
> >
Q: So the Soviets ? I mean, the Russians ? are now our friends?
A: Well, not really. You see, they were our friends for many years after they stopped being Soviets, but then they decided not to support our invasion of Iraq, so we're mad at them now. We're also mad at the French
and the Germans because they didn't help us invade Iraq either.
> >
Q: So the French and Germans are evil, too?
A: Not exactly evil, but just bad enough that we had to rename French fries and French toast to Freedom Fries and Freedom Toast.
> >
Q: Do we always rename foods whenever another country doesn't do what we want them to do?
A: No, we just do that to our friends. Our enemies, we invade.
> >
Q: But wasn't Iraq one of our friends back in the 1980s?
A: Well, yeah. For a while.
> >
Q: Was Saddam Hussein ruler of Iraq back then?
A: Yes, but at the time he was fighting against Iran, which made him our friend, temporarily.
> >
Q: Why did that make him our friend?
A: Because at that time, Iran was our enemy.

Q: Isn't that when he gassed the Kurds?
A: Yeah, but since he was fighting against Iran at the time, we looked the other way, to show him we were his friend.
> >
Q: So anyone who fights against one of our enemies automatically becomes our friend?
A: Most of the time, yes.
> >
Q: And anyone who fights against one of our friends is automatically an enemy?
A: Sometimes that's true, too. However, if American corporations can profit by selling weapons to both sides at the same time, all the better.
> >
Q: Why?
A: Because war is good for the economy, which means war is good for America. Also, since God is on America's side, anyone who opposes war is a godless un-American Communist. Do you understand now why we attacked Iraq?
> >
Q: I think so. We attacked them because God wanted us to, right?
A: Yes.
> >
Q: But how did we know God wanted us to attack Iraq?
A: Well, you see, God personally speaks to George W. Bush and tells him what to do.
> >
Q: So basically, what you're saying is that we attacked Iraq because George W. Bush hears voices in his head?
A. Yes! You finally understand how the world works. Now close your eyes, make yourself comfortable, and go to sleep. Good night.
Q: Good night, Daddy.
 
D

Dick Reece

Guest
Sheesh,another bleeding heart anti American liberal posts his blather on the internet.If you don't like the US,go live in one of the countries you feel so sorry for,and spare us this lop sided liberal ass crap that will one day get us all killed because everyone will stupidly start believing it.
 

Muledeer4me

New member
Joined
Dec 11, 2000
Messages
1,597
Location
Idaho
"Sheesh,another bleeding heart anti American liberal posts his blather on the internet.If you don't like the US,go live in one of the countries you feel so sorry for,and spare us this lop sided liberal ass crap that will one day get us all killed because everyone will stupidly start believing it."
Seldom ever,good post,but it's to late,we already have a few lop sided sorry assed liberal's that believe that crap now


wink.gif
wink.gif
 
D

Dick Reece

Guest
My point is,this is all thats seen posted anymore in regards to our country or our president,or our national decisions.I can see for myself the things that go on in this country and every country....corporate greed,immorality,individual greed,egotism on a grand scale,crooked politicians,etc.etc. I don't need a bleeding heart liberal messenger passing it on,and posting the drivel so much that the world sees nothing but a negative view from our countries own media.How about something positive instead,like the good we've accomplished in Iraq,the fact that Osama is on the run,Saddam is hiding,the terrorists no longer strike on as grand a scale as they used too,we are making progress in steps towards a more secure nation,etc.? I can shoot the damn messenger if all he does is spew forth negative drivel reamniscent of Nazi propaganda, running down a country that my ancestors have bled for in several wars, and helped colonize.There's lots of things wrong with our/my country,but by God it's still mine,and if you don't like it,stop talking and get the hell out, or shut the hell up with the negative bias,take the friggin' blinders off and look at the whole picture.You're still here,still allowed to hunt as in no other country,still able to type the drivel you type against the very country that keeps you free,against the very ones dying and suffering to keep it that way.
 

BuzzH

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 9, 2001
Messages
13,917
Location
Laramie, WY
Seldom, question for you.

Where were you when all the pro-Bush boys were bragging their asses off about how tough G.W. was and how we'd soon have bin laden and sadam?

That wasnt media drivel? Sure its not, were you bantering about how the "right" was pumping the US citizens full of their crap claims? You should have been, to remain true to your argument.

Oh, thats right, thats different because you agree with that.
eek.gif


It is possible to support the troops but not the war, so that argument is about as lame as they come.

I agree that despite the lying bastage thats currently in charge, crook politicians, etc. etc. we got the best deal going. That really isnt even the issue, but it makes for a great diversion from the other facts, doesnt it?

By the way, whats the count now on those weapons of mass destruction?

How we doing on bringing bin laden and sadam to justice?

Whats the American body count up to anyway?
 

JoseCuervo

New member
Joined
Feb 26, 2003
Messages
9,752
Location
South of the Border
Seldom,

Why do you not attack the "facts" that Buzz pasted in the Post? Instead, you attack his right to say post the facts!!
yawn.gif


Are you missing the Freedom of Speech that your 4 fathers fought for?
wink.gif


It is interesting that nobody is arguing any of the illustrations in the original post, just the Right for people to mention the facts. It seems like it kind of makes people a bit uncomfortable...
eek.gif


Buzz, Quit trying to make people think. It seems to bother them....
wink.gif
 

Mini Moose

New member
Joined
Dec 10, 2000
Messages
338
Location
Pocatello, ID, USA
I have and always will be strongly against the war in iraq, and i am glad that now someone else, besides myself can see into the bush administrations lies

Good post buzz and i am with you on the topic
 
D

Dick Reece

Guest
I didn't attack his freedom of speech,I just posted that I'm sick of seeing negative posts on the subject.I didn't say they were not facts,in fact I said I could see some of them for myself.
In spite of your not seeing the big picture,let me ask a few questions of you narrow minded liberals to make my point.Did we,or did we not,HAVE TO DO SOMETHING about 9-11 ? Do you honestly think Saddam wasn't funding it ? Do you think the Saudis weren't funding it ? Do you think we'll last long as a country,if we pick apart everything done by our country and overlook the rather obvious larger goal,every time we do something as a country ? Do you really think we attacked Iraq because of WMD,or was it greed for oil?,or perhaps it was something else altogether,to win the war on terror ? Should we just sit back and let 9-11 repeat, until eventually our nation is toppled either by invasion or financial ruin ? Who should we put in office instead of GW,perhaps another Clinton,so he can pardon international cocaine dealers ? Where was your voice on that one,or was there a larger goal that I missed seeing,like maybe ol' Bill and Hilary lining there pockets at our expense ? If GW is lining his pockets,at least he's doing it while accomplishing a larger,neccessary goal for our country, show me where Clinton or any of his liberal ilk did anything like that ? United we stand,divided we fall.The terrorists love your posts,you do there job for them just a little,each time you post this junk,true or not.The best way to conquor a country is the same way the CIA has done it for years,from within, get it ?

Open your eyes,before it's too late.If you bite the hand that feeds you long enough,eventually there's nothing left to bite and the food is gone.You've got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything,simple,hickish,but very true.

Edited to add:

Buzz,I was right here when the media was touting how easy it was going to be,and I didn't say anything,even though I disagreed,in my eyes it would be anything but easy.Anyone with half a brain could see it was hype,machisimo,propoganda,etc.But it was positive for a change,so who am I to be negative,the troops certainly needed positive, and so did the American public.

You can't convince me you can be against the war and for the troops,and I'll bet any soldier stationed in Iraq will laugh in your face,if he doesn't spit in it,if you try to push that same argument off on him.I wonder how they feel,when they read all the liberal crap people are spouting at home ?

Which hunter will stand a better chance of killing a deer/which soldier stands a better chance of surviving a war ?,one pumped up and on edge,or one hang dogging,tired and feeling like he's beaten before he gets started ?

I always try to get psyched before a hunt, get excited,ready to rock and roll and have a good time.While the purpose may be more serious,I would hope I'd do the same thing before a battle,as the end result is the same,a sorely needed adrenaline rush. It would be an easier job on a soldier to get pumped up,if the populace of the country he supported were helping him accomplish that in any way they could.

I'm going hunting tomorrow,for 10 days.I won't be able to reply,or read anymore negative posts.Just because I don't reply,doesn't mean I've given in to your narrow minded point of view
biggrin.gif
.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 11-06-2003 05:13: Message edited by: Seldom Ever ]</font>
 

Whiskers

New member
Joined
Nov 20, 2001
Messages
1,923
Location
Tuckerton, NJ
Its not so cut and dried as what is right and wrong, who is our friend, and who is our enemy. Who tortures, who is an economic ally. Its POLITICAL. Who can do what to help acheive the immmediate goal. When we needed Saddam we used him. When we needed Osama we used him. Weren't the Russians,and French considered out allies in WWII. How many billion dollars have we pumped back into IRAQ, AFGHANASTAN? We send millions of dollars in foreign aide to countries that are admitted enimies of the US. Everything you posted was probably accurate. I am sure you have even done business or had favors done by people you don't like or agree with.
 

dgibson

New member
Joined
Aug 22, 2001
Messages
1,671
Location
Henderson, KY
The pictures of the smiling children being released from prison, and their weeping parents, was all the justification I need for the Iraqi war. Not to mention the well-documented torture & killing that the Saddam Bunch was involved in on a regular basis. Even without the WMD's, he had it coming in spades.
 

Calif. Hunter

Active member
Joined
Dec 13, 2000
Messages
5,185
Location
La Palma, CA, USA
As far as the WMD go, it was Saddam who wanted to give the impression that he had them. All of the top members of his military and administration have confirmed that he told them he had them, that he wanted his neighbors and the US to fear him and his possible use of weapons that it turns out he did not have. So, even if we never find any, how were we to know he did not have them when he, himself, wanted everyone to believe that he did have them? He bluffed, and we called his bluff. Hindsight is great, but the President, acting to protect the citizens of this country, as he is sworn to do, eliminated the threat.

Can anyone deny that Bin Laden is in a weakened position and no longer able to act freely, carrying out unhindered acts of terrorism? Sure, they can still do a suicide bombing now and then, but Al Quaida's ability to do a massive strike has been all but eliminated. They are on the run, and we need to keep them running and ducking. Saddam was just another piece of the puzzle. Does anyone doubt that if he had WMD that he would have given them to Al Quaida if it served his own interests?

Reality is that a nation must sometimes partner with others that do not share the same values. That sometimes we have to abide with evil, or face mass destruction. I am sure that any number of Presidents, of both parties, would have loved to eliminate Castro. However, doing so might have caused nuclear war. So we lived with lesser of two evils. Such is reality.

Saddam ordered people fed, feet first, slowly, into wood chippers. He employed professional torturers and rapists. We had the opportunity, the ability and he threatened our security at home. I'm not sad that he is deposed. Let's set up an Iraqi committee of the various sects and tribes, and go home.
 

Muledeer4me

New member
Joined
Dec 11, 2000
Messages
1,597
Location
Idaho
"Even without the WMD's, he had it coming in spades."


Right on Darren.
I don't care if we ever find any WMD,let's kick ass and support our armed force's.
I hope we kick there ass AND take there oil.
It makes me wonder how many of the liberals that don't support the war are the same ones that don't want us to use our own resources?
 

Mini Moose

New member
Joined
Dec 10, 2000
Messages
338
Location
Pocatello, ID, USA
Just to point out to all of you the fact that Bin Laden Hated Hussein and stated that he was a dumb ass(in other words of course)on a number of occasions, and that if he had the same power as him the US would have been destroyed, makes me think that Hussein had nothing to do with 9-11

just pointing out the facts
 

Forum statistics

Threads
100,297
Messages
1,583,380
Members
31,478
Latest member
b1004u
Top