Caribou Gear

Beauty MT Bear

I'd totally concur about it being a dang awesome bruin! This spring I've been helping a young fella on his first bruin hunt and he'd love to blow one like that up. Heck last Friday night he shot the porcupine from hell and was happy as could be. It was a monster porky, and he tanked it @ 176 yds.

Now we just need to get a bruin in front of him.

Congratz again

At least you were smart enough to bring your camera...would have been pictures by the moonlight if we had to hike back down and get mine.

Good luck with the bruin and the youngster Mato...nothing like a good, fat, porky. That's just good fun.

I'm looking forward to being chief pack mule and spotter for the rest of the spring.

At least you were smart enough to bring your camera...would have been pictures by the moonlight if we had to hike back down and get mine.

I'm looking forward to being chief pack mule and spotter for the rest of the spring.

Yea well that was a shade smarter than packing my huge spotter and tripod up the hill when we knew we were going to probably be in bow range when we found him:D Especially since all it really did was caused me to bang my head off it and break a leg latch:eek:

YES! A pack mule! Now, where can i go that would be a nightmare to get a bear out of;);) lol

Thanks again, really enjoyed that hunt!

Not to hijack your topic, but I must like that color too. I haven't been able to get out and have had a lot going on. I went one evening last week and found a dead elk with what I thought might be griz tracks in the snow around it. I went back tonight to investigate. While I was glassing an opposite hillside, this bear ambled out 20 yards in front of me and fed. It was really close to the road - 15 minute walk. Old califlower ear himself...

Attachments

• deadelk2011.JPG
    deadelk2011.JPG
    405.7 KB · Views: 618
  • 2011bear3.jpg
    2011bear3.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 612
  • 2011oldbear.jpg
    2011oldbear.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 606
Damn Kurt...hijack away with a bear like that. That is an awesome bear, looks like an old warrior if I've ever seen one.
Congrats. That is a trophy.

Very cool bear Drake & CR- Nice job!

Saw one pretty close to that a few years ago in the Cabinet Wilderness. Very dark at the paws and forearms, brown to the shoulder and blonde across the back. The coolest looking bear I have seen. Too bad he was only about 4.5' feet and he was 3 legged. He was misssing one of his front legs. Amazing how he was getting around.

Pretty productive for an evening walk Greenhorn, nice bruiser!

May we all pardon Greenie for the hijack. Is anyone really surprised at that bear he shot? Great bears guys. Love the colors on both of them.

Nice looking bear Drake and Critter! Congrats.

Geesh Kurt... lucky... nah... you gotta be out there to find one! So how big is he? More pics?

Dam that elk is a nice one too... could you tell if he was wolf killed or not?

Some great hunts there. Very jealous. Way to go fellas and thanks for taking us along!
Love the head on that monster Greenhorn, looks griz-like.
There is a hunt talker on this site who is on the way to ID --- heading into the bush for a Thur - Thurs!~
Again, very jealous. Have a great week Hunt Talk!

Greenhorn is the reason there ins't any big bears left in the woods... it has nothing to do with letting the little ones grow up.

Sweet bear, both of them!

Great job to all! Really nice bears and a great bull. I would like to see him in archery season! Congrats guys.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dulcedom
Back