NEW SITKA Ambient 75

Beauty MT Bear

Nice! I hope I get to hang a "I killed a black bear" thread here shortly, if the king salmon fishing doesn't distract me!

The color is kind of weak, i'd let it grow a couple more years. That's what ticks me off is that everyone shoots all the little bears and none ever grow to be over 300 pounds!

If I were a betting man, I'd bet you'd have shot that bear faster than I can say the words jealous douchebag.

If I were a betting man, I'd bet you'd have shot that bear faster than I can say the words jealous douchebag.

Ha Ha Ha!

Clipped this from his profile...... How appropriate!

Friends

public4life has not made any friends yet

Befriend public4life

Killer bear! He would have come home with me for SURE!

Cmon Drake, everyone is anxiously waiting...........here is another teaser till you get there:D Would have been a little cooler if my dumbazz could hold the camera still. Hard to see Mr bear thanks to the minor blurryness but you can see him down the hill a little ways.

Attachments

• Bear Before5.jpg
    Bear Before5.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 1,365
hey a$$wipe...........we shot a bear last year that was 18 years old and was somewhere in the 260-270 lb range........too bad we shot it so YOUNG so it would have had more time to grow. :rolleyes: I have seen a lot of big bears killed in MT and I would bet that less than 10% of them were over 300 lbs or much over if they were. If you live in an area such as the east coast, or AK, i'm sure a 300 pounder might be more common but they don't get that way very often here.

The color is kind of weak, i'd let it grow a couple more years. That's what ticks me off is that everyone shoots all the little bears and none ever grow to be over 300 pounds!

Sorry for the delay guys...it's been a busy day. The biologist guessed him at 5-7 years old while pulling a tooth. I am looking forward to getting this one back from the tannery.

All professional photo credits go to Critter....I included one with the ugly hunter.

Attachments

• Email 4.jpg
    Email 4.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 696
  • Email 5.jpg
    Email 5.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 688
  • MF Bear 5.jpg
    MF Bear 5.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 694
no doubt, beautiful bear. great coloration. will be nice on the wall.

congrats.

That is a fine looking bear Drake.I never hear of anyone killing color phased bears in wisconsin.

Gorgeous bruin, any pics of the whole bruin laid out?

Nope, sorry, blame the idiot camera guy:):) I took a lot of pictures that looked good but when all sorted out, they were a little blurry because i insisted on not using my flash in low light.

This bear was the thickest longest haired bugger i've ever seen, dang awesome bear in my mind!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back