Bear Spray and Jet Boil Fuel in Salt Lake City

Canoe Country

So Outdoor Junkie and myself are all set for a 3 day scouting trip in Western Wyoming for Mule Deer in July and our hunt in mid September. we have put a lot of effort over the last year identifying where we are going to hunt, OVER analyzing our gear list to get our pack weight down, dialing in our rifles and getting super pumped.

We are driving out for the hunt but flying into Salt Lake for the scouting trip. I searched the intranet and looked at all the sporting goods stores around Salt Lake City and searched their websites and can't find one that sells jet boil fuel or bear spray which we can't bring on the flight.

I am hoping there may be a local or someone who has traveled through the area with a hot tip on whee to pick these items up for our scouting trip.

If you're coming up through Pinedale you can get them at The Outdoor Shop. A little less traffic than SLC ;) Granted REI has a better stock.

As far as the Jet Boil goes...you don't have to use their fuel canisters. MSR, Primus, Snowpeak, and a few other canisters use the exact same fuel mixtures and should have the same threaded connection. I would think you could get them at many, many locations in SLC...even Walmart would probably carry at least one of the brands.

There are Sportsmans Warehouse stores all over the SLC area, not to mention Cabelas, Scheels, REI etc etc. If you can't find what you need there you just are not trying....

Thanks for all of the output. I searched the Sportsman Warehouse website and they didn't show either product. I will search REI, for some reason that didn't come up when I searched sporting goods in Salt Lake City last night. I am sure they will vary this. Thanks much!

Fuel could be had at even Walmart. The only hassle there is that they are often not the size that will fit in the Jetboil cup. I agree with the others though that REI will probably be your best bet. The one in SLC is not too far off I-80 that you'll probably be taking into Wyoming. The one in Sandy is a bit out of your way. REI's website doesn't show any available at the SLC store, but I bet a phone call would confirm weather or not they can get some to the store for you.

Fuel could be had at even Walmart. The only hassle there is that they are often not the size that will fit in the Jetboil cup.

No, they won't fit in the cup...but the one that fits in the cup doesn't last long enough to be my only canister if I'm on a multi-day trip with coffee and oatmeal in the morning and mountain house for dinner. I usually just stuff other stuff in the cup and take a bigger canister.

There are plenty of placed to buy it from SLC to wyo. Just because sportsman's doesn't have it on the web site doesn't mean they don't have it. i buy fuel there all the time. 99% of any sporting goods store will carry fuel.

Check out Recreation Outlet as well. Awesome store. I believe there's one in SLC and I know there is one in Ogden. Just be prepped to drop a bunch more cash on all of the other amazing stuff they have there for screaming deals.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brady1988
Back