Caribou Gear

Bear Proof Gear Storage

Frenchy

I'm thinking about cacheing some gear in the woods this summer to use during hunting season. Its a place I can get into in a couple of hours, and have done it more than a few times in the wee hours of the morning before legal shooting light. It wears a guy out though. Thinking about storing some supplies up there to allow me to go in a little lighter at times.

Has anyone had any experience with doing this in bear country. Trying to figure out a good weather and critter proof option. Possible something that could hold a tent and sleeping bag for days when the hunting is just too good to hike out of the mountains.

Just trying to brain storm during the off season.

5 gallon buckets.... one fore the sleeping bag and one for tent water and food. Hoist them up a tree with rope......

My bowhunting partner and I in the mid nineties found a cache belonging to the the Nichols boys.It was wrapped in garbage bags and hanging.I suppose anything will work,just get it off the ground.

Check the regs.. if it's National Forest it may be illegal and if found you will lose it along with a few hundred other things

A Fathead poster of a visor adorned dinkshooter air skiing replete with ripened boxers should do the trick.

Also should be illegal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PerezA
Back