Yeti GOBOX Collection

Bear Loads

malpractice

I am finally getting to go on my first bear hunt. I will be using my 30-06. I am looking for a little advice since I have never been Black Bear hunting. My 30-06 is sited in with Remington Core Locks in 150 Grain. I think this will most likely be enough, but I just wanted to know what you all thought. I will be hunting over bait in Ontario Canada the end of Aug. Any advice will be apperciated.

Dennis

Two votes for uping to 180, you have a will right? haha Some guy wrote a book, Dr. something, I can look it up. He used 150 grain bullets but hunted from stands and baits a lot and thats up close. Quarering away is a good angle for that I guess. Good luck.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 07-26-2002 08:43: Message edited by: Tom ]</font>

I would look at the 180-200 grain in any of the decent bullets (Barnes x's are my favorites, and can't count out Noslers). Be sure to take a minute and site your gun in at 50 yards dead on, no guess work as to where you want to hold when you are making that 30 yard shot. One small piece of advice, lower power scope or iron sites, hate it when someone shows up with an awesome high quality 4X14 Vari powered scope that is acutally gonna be a hiderance instead of a help. Happy hunting, Casey

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back