Bear baiting in the morning..

Moosie

Grand poopa
Last night got Site one up and Running, Already had Tracks out. Came across a few Dumb Turkeys and didn't get them. HArd to throw dog food at them
wink.gif
Heard a Nice Gobbler in the canyon (Like I can tell what a "NICE" one is
wink.gif
) but tomorrow it's time for Bait site #2

Let's see...

1 truckload of bread CHECK
50# bags of Dogfood CHECK
Bags of 3 rolled oats CHECK
BAgs of Grain CHECK
3 Lt Bottles of POP CHECK
Honey CHECK
20 Gal of Greese CHECK
Syrup, CHECK
55 Gal. drum CHECK
backpacks CHECK
bait tag CHECK
Called Elkgetter for 6AM meeting place, CHECK

..... WHAT am I forgetting ?

LOL... I'll throw it in the truck, If they cross the road waybe I'll let loose
smile.gif

I just spent Over an Hour with the kids unloading friggin Hostes cakes...I hated the Mini Muffins...You had to get IN the box.. then Unwrap each little package... I liked the bread the best
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Got pictures.. Will post Sunday
smile.gif

HAVE to get kids in bed.. THEN run t oBoise to get my truck from Mojaves house.. THEN hook up the trailor, Load the barels, Load the bait, Lay out the cloths... PAck the bags... ALL for a stinking Bear bait
tongue.gif
But when I shoot Mr Cub this year.. It will be worth it !!!!

HEHE.. Just got the Trailor back.. Loaded it up... Doesn't look like A bunch when It's all nicely put in there
tongue.gif

Now jsut for some Last min Cloths... And Charging up some Camcorder Batteries for Pictures, And we're set !!!!

WORK.... HELL no it ain't work... Work's what Ido durring the day to get rest so I can HUNT !!!!!!

your forgetting me.oops no not yet, thats the work part ummmmmmm when you are packing to hunt thats when you need me.i want to go on the hunt not the baiting
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

call me stupid but what is a bait tag.hell we dont tag anything

Well good luck, I sure hope all the coons and other little furry critters don't eat every thing before the big ones show up!!!
biggrin.gif

WOW.. out all morning... 5AM came early... Set up 2 stands... I didn't realize how much Twinkies weighed
eek.gif
I would have much rather packied the 50#'s of Dog food !!!!

Elkgunner was a trooper, He was recovering from being sick and made me still feel old... I'm not looking fowrad to when He's healthy
wink.gif

WELL... Just got home... now Heading back out to Check on Site one.... See ya'll LATE tonight or Tomorrow !!

PS.. It's suposed to be April.. I got a Frigging SUNBURN today !!!! OUCH !!!

Dohhhhh.... YAH that was it, I had about 5 mins Time on the computer.

We set a tree stand at the first location. It was one that Elkgunner suggested. We found a nice hole next to a rock just on the backside of this ridge. We saw some geese that we seemed to kick out of there area and they weren't to happy
eek.gif
there is a nice stump for a rifleman to sit behind, and the Treestand that is onlt 15 yards away. I'll need to get mopre pegs I was a few short to be safe, but the main place is set up.

The second place we loaded the rest of the Gooddies up and crossed the river again. it is onlt about 18 miles from the first place. Will be a great location. Dug a pit and dumped the loads.

I got back An I forgot to tell the wife I was leaving right away again so I needed to watch the boys and get some stuff done for her to run to the store. She returned and I went up with Dinger to our spot. Since we had bears hitting already we sat on it.. No luck last night but we did have several Loud obnocious Turkeys Gobbleing all evening... I'm 1/2 tempted to bring a shotgun next time to shut them up
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Theres your story Elkhunter
wink.gif

Limited time here ... I'll make site "B" and "C" Wed, and then Site "A" with ElkTurd on thursday....

Hopefully the B and C site are active.. I got good feelings about them
smile.gif
smile.gif

Tomorrow is TELL TALE.. Will be back up there soloing it
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Will give report LAte tomorrow night..... (Or Thursday
wink.gif
)

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads