Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Bear bait..

Moosie

Grand poopa
OK, tell me how sick I am.... I was thinking, whats the best thing for baiting bear .. "MEAT" !!! NOW, how can I get a bunch of meat 2 miles back into a bait site.... I think I've got a plan....

How much (Or little) can a guy buy OLD horse for ?!?! Like, one that someones selling for.. let's say, "GLUE" :eek: (Is that wrong to do ?!?!?)

I guess I have a year to decide .. eh ? Any thoughts ?~?~?~ :cool:

Boy works for me...
I know you can't lead a horse to water as the saying goe's. But can you lead it to a bait site??? :D

leave to ole moosie to come-up with a plan! not sure about the idea but i will say it can be very effective, we lost a pack horse in a horribly bad wreck through a rock slide in Canada a few years ago and for the next two days that was the hot spot for bears! it produced two soild 200lb + boars ! by the third day it was completely gone hardly a trace of where it was!

Might be cheaper to get some sheep or goats and lead them into the area. Plus, you could have fun on the way!!! :eek:

Just make sure you don't forget your tall rubber boots, so as to keep the sheep or goat close.... :D :D :D

I heard a story from a friend that he would go buy a goat, Cap it and PAck it in.. It took him 2 times doing this till he figured He could walk it in the site... THEN The 4the time he made saddle bags, Would buy the goat, MKE it pack bait along with it's self to the site then shot the goat too..... :D :D

I'm thinking a "GLUE"/"PASTURE horse couldn't cost to much .. eh ?

But it wouldn't be as fun as pushing that sheep al the way in. May cost a $100 or better for the glue factory or dog food horse though.

YAH.. the pushing it all the way might be fun........ A full size horse weighs WHAT ? I'm guessing the cost of $100 I'd do in a heartbeat. Cuz packing an 80lb pack of meat for 2 miles in enought to = the weight of a horse would be far more work.

I think you can use any meat as long as it's not game animal in Idaho and You have to Skin/pluck it. I've never skinned a horse.. but know 101 ways to skin a cat :D :D

I don't know if a horse would be all that fun, I'm not tall enough to push one up the hill. Now cats, that may work very well. They would be easier to pull up in a tree to get there dead flavor to suround the area. Plus neghbor hoods are just full of them. Besides all of the free ones in the new's paper.... :D :D :D

Moosie, figure the average weight of the horse to be 1000 pounds or more.

Where I do my hunting I could do it with a horse, sheep, calf, as long as it is not any processed food such as dog food, grain, doughnuts, syrup, chocolate, any produce, breads or rolls, candy....well you get the picture, because I hunt in a grizzly recovery area or an area next to a grizzly recovery area.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back