Be like Evie 😉

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Doubt I will live to be 80 years old, let alone be archery hunting elk at that age. This lady is impressive.

Reminds me of Jim Boorman in @Greenhorn sheep hunt and Joe Gotkoski, the amazing mountain goat of a man who recently passed.

Any of you know other active octogenarian mountain hunters? My grandfather shot a Dall Sheep in the Brooks Range at 77, but it was his last sheep hunt. He retired to fishing after that.

https://www.bemidjipioneer.com/nort...elk-fills-the-freezer-again#.Yb5h0KypPyc.link
Screen Shot 2021-12-18 at 3.37.31 PM.png

She’s not eighty. But the neighbor of my grandmothers house in wyoming has probably put down 17 or 18 elk in the 25 years or so she’s lived in wyoming. She’s mid seventies.

And here i am still trying to shoot my 1st 😕

“I’ll stop when I can’t pull my bow back anymore,”

Gotta love when the elderly say stuff like this just shows how resilient they are even to this day, bless her.

The Laurel legislator with a bum shoulder could take a lesson or two from Evie.

Cool story.

My friend’s dad died of heart attack while climbing a tree with a climbing stand. He was hunting public land and had walked in a couple miles with his stand on his back. He was around 80. Sad deal, but what a way to go, doing what he loved.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back