Caribou Gear

Be honest about your Wyoming elk app!

Regular GEN elk Tag with 5 points. Kicking myself for not cashing them out last year but the dang Army….

1pt, regular, hoping for better odds at a higher demand random tag. I normally do special. The $2k wasn't a deterrent - I just assumed most folks thinking special will be way better odds will actually decrease special odds v regular...in high demand units.

Regular here, in no man's land at 8 points and just hoping for a random draw in a good unit.

When I can buy a $200 general tag in my home state that gives me several months of elk hunting, my motivation to pay $2,000+ for a tag somewhere else is pretty close to 0. The only Wyoming tags I might consider paying that much for are so highly sought-after that special doesn't give much advantage anyway.

I put in for a sleeper regular tag…at least I’m telling myself that. Probably should have went for the special.

Regular for me, swinging for the fences on 3 points. No way I could afford that special price and probably never will. If regular price goes up then I will just have to bail out. Some dreams are meant to be just that.

Elk Special for me might increase my odds for a random tag slightly - regular for my brother as he has enough points to draw unless there is more point creep in the Regular than normal.

Normally we would both be in Special.

Unless Special ultimately gets me a tag two+ early I will move to Regular - I do not think it is going to make any difference on quality tags this year.

I do think it will make a difference for pronghorn. I have the resources to pay the extra cost but to me antelope are not worth the higher cost. I am undecided on mule deer but probably not worth the higher cost to me either.

My group of 4 are in for an LE unit with 12 in the special. Once other states see how little this price increase deterred people, they'll be tripping over themselves to raise their prices too so I'll just get used to paying big money.

Switched from special LE to regular LE, might switch back depending on where the odds settle after a few years.

I bet they already have the numbers sorted and analyzed by now to see how many more wheelbarrows they are going to need to haul all the nonresident money to the bank. LOL.

I wonder if they will release any information on overall applications early or if they will just wait until draw result 3 1/2 months from now?

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiskyRichard
Back